• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    That description I've heard a couple times in the last couple years. In this frisco 380 corridor area. Black guy and dodge stealing guns at a meet.

I dont keep records but Sufice it to say I dont meet alone, always have someone watching my back and recording license plates just incase this crap happens, not that they use their own car n plates but you do what you can. I also meet in places I know multiple cameras are going in addition to the person watching my back. Banks with outside ATMs are good as well as walmart lots and designated safe meeting areas for online deals.

I mitigate further by only dealing with people who have long term membership on the couple websites I buy n sell on. No deals on any other platform or with noobs. I also dont buy or sell from people who always have pics taken in the front seat of their cars. They probably arent theives rather they are just flippers and that's akin to noobs selling to me.

This was happening back home with the same guy repeatedly ripping people off in the same area, one of those large outdoor mixed use mall areas. A guy would pull a gun, toss your gun to a guy who then roared up on a motorcycle then take off. It ended when one dude wasnt going to roll over. A couple people were leaking and in the hospital before the day was over. The seller one of them. Was it worth it? Maybe, but the bad guys launched a couple dozen rounds every which way and damaged a bunch of cars and almost hit a few people.

There's a lesson and caution there. Dont go alone and a gun isnt worth getting into a gunfight in the middle of a few hundred people and cars. This guy was diligent in where and how he returned fire and only fired a few rounds and got lucky but still missed and hit a couple cars. The bad guys didnt care as they were the typical blaze away to get away retards.

They got the guy in the car, rather the seller hit him and he went to the ER, but he never talked and no guns were recovered and no other people arrested. They think the guy on the motorcycle got hit cause he almost wrecked in the intersection but I think he probably had a hard time riding while sitting in the load of shit he deposited when the bullets started flying. He also fired a few rounds supposedly based on the fact some of the cars were hit in places only the motorcycle guy could shoot from and witnesses saw him with a gun. I'm not so sure but who knows. I think there was a 3rd person to watch the guy in the car cause they had to know someone was going to be armed and they were vulnerable getting back into the car.

I hate thieves but I'm not going to endanger everyone around to stop them in a situation like this. That's the downside of meeting in a very public and busy place, and you failed in your awareness if you get to this place to start with which means you're behind and gotta consider who else you missed identifying as a possible threat. That and your options start drying up once the gun is driving away with the threat. Unless you can articulate any continued threat to you or a 3rd party. Still shooting at a moving car in a public place is very high risk on the one launching rounds. Criminal and civilly.

Last edited:

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Transactions done at police station parking lots would seem to discourage fuckery of this type.

Guns are explicitly excluded from such safe exchange zones.

EJXctfwX0AEje-l?format=jpg.jpg

Attachments

• EJXctfwX0AEje-l?format=jpg.jpg
      EJXctfwX0AEje-l?format=jpg.jpg
      189.3 KB · Views: 824

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I've bought and sold several firearms using armslist and texas gun trader. I avoid certain ads. Sometimes things just dont look right. Sometimes it's the pictures, wording used etc. When I post things for sale I get all kinds of inquiries. I like to have somewhat of a discussion about what I'm selling or buying. You can tell a lot by how people communicate. Asking to see a LTC, DL, or sign a bill of sale often helps even of you dont plan to follow through. I usually ask them where to meet initially just to see what type of place they recommend. Lastly I show up early and park near the meet up and keep an eye out for odd things. I'm probably leaving some stuff out and sound paranoid but I've never had a deal go bad and I'm still alive. What do you guys do?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've bought and sold several firearms using armslist and texas gun trader. I avoid certain ads. Sometimes things just dont look right. Sometimes it's the pictures, wording used etc. When I post things for sale I get all kinds of inquiries. I like to have somewhat of a discussion about what I'm selling or buying. You can tell a lot by how people communicate. Asking to see a LTC, DL, or sign a bill of sale often helps even of you dont plan to follow through. I usually ask them where to meet initially just to see what type of place they recommend. Lastly I show up early and park near the meet up and keep an eye out for odd things. I'm probably leaving some stuff out and sound paranoid but I've never had a deal go bad and I'm still alive. What do you guys do?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Very reasonable policies. leVieux

Top Bottom