• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    I am writing to my State legislators and asking them to change the Penal code to where theft of a firearm is an enhanced crime.
    I think there is a law that raises the punishment if a gun was used during a felony. They did kick the door in with guns pointed as they entered the house. I have it on video.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I am writing to my State legislators and asking them to change the Penal code to where theft of a firearm is an enhanced crime.
    TXPC 31.03(e)(4)

Theft of a firearm is a State Jail Felony... it already is enhanced from the "value based" charge schedule in most cases (unless your firearm is valued between $2500 and $30000)

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    Given their ages, I wouldn't expect a lot of justice being served. May be wrong, but the courts tend to be leniant with youngsters.
    Last I checked they have down graded all charges except burglary. There was at least 10 felony charges they could have prosecuted them for, but our leftist DA dropped all but one charge. I kinda knew that was going to happen. For legal reasons I can't say what I think about those little scum bag's. I'm going to plead the 5th on that one.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How would one identify your rifle. Did your father add any identifying marks? Back in the 60's, we were instructed to engrave or scratch our SS numbers on anything valuable like guns and TV sets, power tools, etc..
    >
    A story; z TRUE
    How would one identify your rifle. Did your father add any identifying marks? Back in the 60's, we were instructed to engrave or scratch our SS numbers on anything valuable like guns and TV sets, power tools, etc..
    >
    A story, a TRUE story.

Way back in the mid-1970’s, after my “gun burglars” ordeal, the CCPD Police “property guy” asked me to ID my recovered JP Sauer doublegun. I replied that I thought my TDL # was under the fore-end.

Guy said he looked, but no.

i went down to PD & pulled the fore-end, and there, engraved was my NAME & ADDRESS !

”ERR, Officer, isn’t this sufficient “ID” ?

One just can’t make this stuff up !

leVieux

sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    A few months ago I added another layer of security to the homestead.
    I got her from my neighbor who trains drug sniffing dogs for the sheriff's department.
    She is full blood German Shepherd and was dropped from training dew to budget restrictions.
    She is 16 months old, well trained and she is supper smart and minds better then any dog I have ever owned. I only wish I had her before I got burglarized.
    She is always on duty and she doesn't miss a thing.

images.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    A few months ago I added another layer of security to the homestead.
    I got her from my neighbor who trains drug sniffing dogs for the sheriff's department.
    She is full blood German Shepherd and was dropped from training dew to budget restrictions.
    She is 16 months old, well trained and she is supper smart and minds better then any dog I have ever owned. I only wish I had her before I got burglarized.
    She is always on duty and she doesn't miss a thing.

View attachment 347580
    Dogs are an excellent level of home security without a doubt. the love and attention the give in return is priceless.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Dogs are an excellent level of home security without a doubt. the love and attention the give in return is priceless.
    Exception- a dalmatian will provide security while destroying your property when its unending demand for attention isn't met. The breed is properly spelled - damnation.

sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    Exception- a dalmatian will provide security while destroying your property when its unending demand for attention isn't met. The breed is properly spelled - damnation.
    I have a big fenced in yard so I don't have to leave my dog inside when I leave the house. German shepherds should be called German shedders. Luckily they only blow there coat twice a year.

sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    I got this dog for free in July 2022 She has been the best guard dog I have ever had. She is as friendly as can be as long as she likes you and doesn't see you as a threat. However if she doesn't like you or thinks you are a threat, stay far far away. The only down side is I have to be very careful when introducing her to new people. I have to do it slowly and carefully. She can get very aggressive very quickly. I don't expect any more burglaries with her on the job.
    images1.jpg

As for an update on the burglary case, They now tell me there is no record of the case number. Before that they said they dropped all charges except burglary and because they were juveniles they would not even give me there names. It's really sad when criminals get away with there crimes in the name of wokness.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I got this dog for free in July 2022 She has been the best guard dog I have ever had. She is as friendly as can be as long as she likes you and doesn't see you as a threat. However if she doesn't like you or thinks you are a threat, stay far far away. The only down side is I have to be very careful when introducing her to new people. I have to do it slowly and carefully. She can get very aggressive very quickly. I don't expect any more burglaries with her on the job.
    View attachment 375075

As for an update on the burglary case, They now tell me there is no record of the case number. Before that they said they dropped all charges except burglary and because they were juveniles they would not even give me there names. It's really sad when criminals get away with there crimes in the name of wokness.
    A good dog is usually better than most alarm systems.

sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    A good dog is usually better than most alarm systems.
    Most dogs are nothing more then an alarm system. And thats all one really needs, is a heads up get ready. Witch dogs are great for. There are some that are more then an alarm and can and will bring the heat when needed. I have no proof but I think this one will have no trouble bringing the heat if needed. I can't find a guinea pig "volunteer" to test her out on. lol She has caught 4 opossums, one cat, 2 ducks, one buzzard, and a peacock. She hasn't given any of them the death shake and all lived but she don't miss anything on my property. She likes to run patrol all night all on her own.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom