• ...and so much more!
  • Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    A couple of weeks ago I got a registered letter from a small town in South Carolina. The letter said that they had a gun they were holding in evidence and it had belonged to me. If I wanted the gun, please call the Evidence Department. The letter said it was a Ruger LCP.

I called and identified myself. The lady said that the gun was confiscated from someone that was not allowed to have a gun. She said that they tracked the gun back to me and asked if I wanted it back. Of course, I did.

Well, it was delivered to my local pawn shop today. It looks like the felon liked him a big ol' clip. That's probably why it was taken from him. Why would you need a pinky extension on a 15 round magazine for an LCP?

lcpe1.jpg

lcpe2.jpg

I took it all apart and took it to the sink and gave it a bath in some hot water and Dawn. I dried everything off, oiled it up and, it seems to work fine. It looks much better with a proper magazine.

lcpe3.jpg

lcpe4.jpg

It had a Hogue grip that didn't fit so, I removed it. The plug for the grip is missing. I'll see if Ruger will send me one.

I like the LCP, I have a few stashed here and there. Palmetto State Armory ran them on sale for $169 several years ago and the sale ran for many weeks. This must have been one of the ones that I got from them.

We had a break in and the thieves took a digital camera, some change in a jug and, a brand new pair of motorcycle gloves that I had just bought. I never noticed any guns missing but, as I said, I keep these things stashed all over the place. They must have gotten this one. Anyway, it made it's way back.
    ARJ Defense ad

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    That type of magazines in handguns seem to be de rigueur among the Dindu Tribe. I have even seen them on handguns in convenience store robbery videos recently.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I'm, still waiting for a call from the Law about my SW 5906 boosted from my hotel room in KC 20 years ago. What's your story? Do you remember the transfer? or the theft?

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I'm, still waiting for a call from the Law about my SW 5906 boosted from my hotel room in KC 20 years ago. What's your story? Do you remember the transfer? or the theft?
    I'm guessing that the police contacted Ruger, Ruger told which distributor they sent the gun to, the distributor told them which FFL they sent it to, the FFL saw that I bought it. We did have a break in years ago but, I didn't miss any guns. It could be that I had forgotten about this one. I'm not sure what happened.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I called Ruger and they are sending me a grip plug that covers the main spring, N/C.

I took it to the range Wednesday and ran 8 magazines through it. I just used factory magazines and threw that long one in a box of spare magazines. The little gun ran great, no issues, at all.

Cosmetically, the slide doesn't look so good. Mechanically, everything seems to work as it should. Pretty cool that it made it's way from the South Carolina coast all the way to SETX after all this time.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    I'm guessing that the police contacted Ruger, Ruger told which distributor they sent the gun to, the distributor told them which FFL they sent it to, the FFL saw that I bought it.
    So you are saying that the distributor violated customer's privacy and handed out contact information for an innocent law-abiding citizen? That does not please me at all.
    What's stopping the government from asking distributors to hand over ALL customer information with dates, models and serial #s?

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Also, for any of you .380 shooters, Norma has 380 ammo on sale, ball and HP. Free shipping over $149, too.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    So you are saying that the distributor violated customer's privacy and handed out contact information for an innocent law-abiding citizen? That does not please me at all.
    What's stopping the government from asking distributors to hand over ALL customer information with dates, models and serial #s?
    The distributor let them know which dealer it went to. The dealer gave them the info for the buyer (me). The dealer is required, by law, to give out the info for an investigation.

To answer your question, nothing will stop the gov to get any info that they want.

Top Bottom