• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    Yeah, bone headed mistake and he knows it. He works HVAC and after the storm was swamped. He was just tired and forgot it in the truck

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Posting for a friend. He forgot take the gun out of his truck after work and the mistake cost him a back window the pistol. Keep an eye out for a Glock 27 .40 serial BPM967US
    I hope you reported it so the SN will get listed in TCIC/NCIC so if a dirtbag gets found with it your friend can get it back.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    There is a private site for things like this to list stolen arms. I would suggest listing there too.

https://www.hotgunz.com/search.php

Told him and listed it on there.

I hope you reported it so the SN will get listed in TCIC/NCIC so if a dirtbag gets found with it your friend can get it back.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    He made a full police report.

Where did this happen? Restaurant? Home?

Happened at his apartment in Katy. They have it on video and you can see it’s 3 guys but not clear enough to make an id on them.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Unfortunately. That has been happening alot in the Katy area. They are going through neighborhoods searching for cars with the doors unlocked rummaning through them.Some of them might break a window if they see something worthwhile. The cops have caught a couple of them but there are more out there.
    TLDR : lock your cars and take anything of value out of it.

MississippiTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2020
    Katy TX
    I hear it is happening often at restaurants north I-10 feeder between Mason and Fry. I have also heard from a sheriff that thieves often target vehicles with firearm logo's or other stickers indicating there may be a firearm in the truck (Browning logo, NRA, etc.). As much as I like this CZ I just bought and want to represent on my rear window, I don't. Just the Houston 100 is all that is on it.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Never got a car broke into till I put a NRA sticker on it.

Then it happened so many times I just left it open with a note saying quit breaking th er lock its open.

They never got anything as I never left anything in it.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I hate thieves too. It's tough for guys that really work and need to keep tools in the vehicle. I have found that covering tools with some random trash like McDonalds bags and cups is a good way to disguise things........just cover the good stuff with some "clean" trash and it makes your vehicle look like someone homeless is living in there. Obviously, cover tools and make it look trashy.

If you have a decent vehicle and it is kept clean, and you forget a pack or tablet or phone............it's an invitation.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Unfortunately. That has been happening alot in the Katy area. They are going through neighborhoods searching for cars with the doors unlocked rummaning through them.Some of them might break a window if they see something worthwhile. The cops have caught a couple of them but there are more out there.
    TLDR : lock your cars and take anything of value out of it.
    What folks end up doing in the areas where this has been prevalent for some time is to remove anything of value, leave the vehicle unlocked, and put a sign up. The signs are variations on "Unlocked - please use door", "Doors unlocked - please do not break glass", etc. This is cheaper than a new window (or three) a week or month.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom