• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cz315

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2024
    Waco
    Hi guys,

A nice Finnish Mosin showed up damaged. The seller packed it well, so it's on the USPS, but it is a nice gun and I want it fixed either way. Any recommendations for a quality gunsmith in the Waco area (or even beyond) would greatly appreciated. It's not going to be a shooter, so less of an emphasis on the sturdiness, but I want it to be not noticeable - as much as possible, of course as it's can not be completely fixed :(
    IMG_1681.jpeg

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Hi guys,

A nice Finnish Mosin showed up damaged. The seller packed it well, so it's on the USPS, but it is a nice gun and I want it fixed either way. Any recommendations for a quality gunsmith in the Waco area (or even beyond) would greatly appreciated. It's not going to be a shooter, so less of an emphasis on the sturdiness, but I want it to be not noticeable - as much as possible, of course as it's can not be completely fixed :(
    View attachment 477727
    You would need a woodworker more than a gunsmith, in my opinion.

That is a DIY job. First, remove that screw. Apply some woodglue- (Titebond brand) then wrap some stretch film around it, some rubber bands, then let it dry. Get any seepage off after with white wet t-shirt rag.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Sorry, if it had been packed well....that would not have happened. I received and shipped hundreds of rifles over the years......attention to detail on shipping old rifles is lost on most shipping rifles....jmho...

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    yeah, apparently it a number of posts thing. when I click nothing shows up and I can't respond to your message even if I see it. Will txt
    Yup, I believe it's a 25 post minimum to PM or post in classifieds.
    ETA, if you become a yearly or lifetime member, you can bypass that requirement.

Top Bottom