Still no Marlin 60's out there it seems.

jar

Aug 26, 2008
The Valley
Had to go pick up my Dad's firearms last month (dementia). Among them is a Marlin 60 I bought him so he'd quit shooting varmints in the garden with a 30-30. The only thing I know for sure he shot was a plastic bird feeder. (A coon was climbing up it and eating all the seeds. Dad missed the coon, the feeder exploded, and the coon ate all the seeds on the ground.) I put a laser on it to try to help him aim, but he never quite got the hang of it.
Knowing coons the coon probably set the whole thing up to make it easier to get at the seeds.

festering

Dec 7, 2010
sw houston
The second rifle I bought new was a Marlin 60. I bought it in 1986, one of the few years they had 18 round magazine and the bolt locked open after last shot. I still shoot the hell out of it. A great gun.

jar

Aug 26, 2008
The Valley
Finished Spa Day on another of the oldies, a New Haven (Mossberg) 251c carbine size (18½" barrel). Lots cleaner inside than expected so next it needs to get to the range for function checks.

I'll use the same 15 round speed loaders but of course since this feed through the tube in the stock instead of from under the barrel they need to be loaded to feed bullet first. I'll use red caps on the rim first and black caps on the bullet first.

I also mounted the scope rail on the 10/22 to see if it is any more enjoyable that way.

Axxe55

Professional Troublemaker
Dec 15, 2019
Deep East Texas.
My Marlin Glenfield model 60 was manufactured in he very early 1980's from it's features I have determined. It has the 21" barrel and holds 18 rounds in the tube. It doesn't have the LSHO bolt feature, and it's marked with the Glenfield logo on it as well as Marlin.

I bought this one for next to nothing some years ago, and it was cosmetically challenged to say the least. I took it apart and cleaned up and restained the hardwood stock and refinished the metal on it. I had a spare rimfire scope and all I needed were some grooved receiver mounts which were not expensive. Replaced the recoil spring and buffer while it was torn down.

It's a pretty decent shooter.

tinplas

Well-Known
Nov 22, 2017
San Antonio
Not sure if this is what you're looking for

jar

Aug 26, 2008
The Valley
Not sure if this is what you're looking for
Thanks. That frame was a little too fancy for me and fortunately it was already sold.

I'm really at the point where I'm not actively looking any more. I have a couple modern guns and honestly they are no where near as much fun as my old ones. It's likely a good thing no Marlin's were available since it got me to pull the oldies out and get them all cleaned up and back in service.

I will likely though step up from my old 4x fixed power scopes to a newer adjustable power one.

Top Bottom