• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    I've come across several in my latest batch of brass being prepped. Some seem to have deeper steps than others.

Pics before the first half is over.

Anyone have any experience with these? My club is closed right now but I'll get some experimentary rounds loaded soon. I had some I found earlier but can't put my hands on them now.

I'm shooting cast/PC'd boolits loaded to 3.4 grs of Titegroup and plan to run this load in a couple of the shallower stepped cases.
    Guns International

Attachments

• IMG_0149.JPG
      IMG_0149.JPG
      380.7 KB · Views: 160
    • IMG_0150.JPG
      IMG_0150.JPG
      326.7 KB · Views: 155
    • IMG_0151.JPG
      IMG_0151.JPG
      249.6 KB · Views: 152
    • IMG_0152.JPG
      IMG_0152.JPG
      356.3 KB · Views: 149

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I had some like that in a bulk box of once fired brass i bought. I thought it odd myself & even made post here about them. I just threw the few i had away & didn't try to reload them. I think i bought 6k, so not enough to make a difference.

I did get some 5.56 once fired brass one time & there were some weird cases with a red circle around the primer. They felt spongy towards the bottom of the pull on the handle. There was about 200 in the 5k box... i just tossed em in the trash.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    All my FM HUSH cases are stepped. I have heard mixed opinions on reloading them. I chose not to because I always had other options. I would guess you would be safe with low pressure loads, but I wouldn't begin to load them hot.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    I would throw them away, they arent worth the extra effort to load separately from normal casings. It isn't like 9mm is rare or difficult to find.

Rusty Gun

brass picker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Gulf coast
    Danger danger. not only is there a increased pressure risk, I have seen two instances where these devil spawn cases have separated at the shoulder and left a brass “ring” in the chamber but ejected the base leaving a totally inoperable firearm. if you are lucky The next round will not chamber. Huge pain in the butt to get the ring out of the chamber. apparently removal requires a series of profane words. Not my guns but I saw the aftermath.
    so my opinion is don’t load them unless you want to risk a $700 gun with 16 cents of ammo. and destroy these cases immediately so nobody else picks them up.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    100% on the above post. Nothing like finding out your 9mm AR will fire out of battery when one of them separates. Same goes for open bolt guns, those cases as well as the older Freedom/Xtreme/IMT with steps stink. Rid the world if them, SP 45 Auton AND now SP 10mm!

RePete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2020
    God's Country
    While I have loaded them, I don't pick up the brass but junk them.

Never had one separate but they don't get reloaded again.

As others have said, trash them.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom