• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mogobodo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2022
    Dallas
    Saw these on sale on Palmetto for 399, wanted something like a fixed power 4x prism that reminded me of the 4x acog I carried. Anyone have any trigger time behind one of these? Surfed the interwebs and found a few reviews and the stadia lines looked small on videos, seemed a bit heavy at 16.6 oz and looked huge, but it is Steiner... The glass seemed very clear edge to edge. Was planning on putting it on a 16inch 556 upper. Thoughts?

Link

Product Literature
    ARJ Defense ad

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Its only an ounce or two heavier than a TA01NSN

Its an ounce or three lighter than my LPVO before adding the mount

My point is 16 ounces and change isn't bad at all, don't let that hold you back.

I have a couple of pairs of Steiner binos and a buddy has some of their rifle optics. The clarity is well worth it imo.

If I didn't have some really good optics already I'd be all over one of these. I am going to holler at some family and suggest one though

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Not a fan of Steiner's. I had the Commander binoculars that originall came with a lifetime warranty. They then reneged Telling me the binoculars are not repairable due to the constructions. After an angrey thread on a huntinf forum got pretty huge the plrpaced them with some rehabid cheaper binoculars.

I was really pissed off tho find that Steiner bought out the company that built my DBAL.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Not a bad price, and not a bad optic. Battery life is terrible, something like a hair over a month? Much less on full brightness.

It's no ACOG. Go on, treat yourself, you deserve it. ;)

mogobodo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2022
    Dallas
    Not a fan of Steiner's. I had the Commander binoculars that originall came with a lifetime warranty. They then reneged Telling me the binoculars are not repairable due to the constructions. After an angrey thread on a huntinf forum got pretty huge the plrpaced them with some rehabid cheaper binoculars.

I was really pissed off tho find that Steiner bought out the company that built my DBAL.
    Ugh that is disappointing. You think that a company that prides itself on building "military quality optics" with one or two binos with NSN numbers you'd think that they'd stand behind their gear. But to replace them with a cheaper pair of binos is piss poor. Same level or better is the what they should do. One of these days I want to get on a night vision setup, good to know when I search for infrared devices....

mogobodo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2022
    Dallas
    Not a bad price, and not a bad optic. Battery life is terrible, something like a hair over a month? Much less on full brightness.

It's no ACOG. Go on, treat yourself, you deserve it. ;)

Yea I saw that about the battery life. Not an apocalypse optic by any means. What is good battery life on an LPVO/Prism these days? I remember when aimpoint started advertising 50,000k, now every china optic does that.....But besides the acog, that has a bomb proof setup, or maybe a newer solar holosun, I don't know what is an end of days optic.

I like the whole treating yourself bit. :) I have to remind myself on a regular basis!

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    For $312.00 here.......

Don't know anything about the company............

But agree...go ACOG.......

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Yea I saw that about the battery life. Not an apocalypse optic by any means. What is good battery life on an LPVO/Prism these days? I remember when aimpoint started advertising 50,000k, now every china optic does that.....But besides the acog, that has a bomb proof setup, or maybe a newer solar holosun, I don't know what is an end of days optic.

I like the whole treating yourself bit. :) I have to remind myself on a regular basis!

Most lpvos are pretty close. My meopta 1-6 was something like 21 days on mid settings. A vortex pst gen 2 1-6 is like 150 hours?

Holosuns aren't bad... But china...

LPVO's are great optics, but 1x on an LPVO is not like 1x on a red dot, and on higher magnifications they are always worse than any other style of optic with similar magnification.

For me, an ACOG with a RMR on top is just about the single best do everything option around

mogobodo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2022
    Dallas
    For $312.00 here.......

Don't know anything about the company............

But agree...go ACOG.......

Smaller outfit, but make high end scopes and binos, but their claim to fame is several binos they have that got adopted by the US and other military. Been around a long time (70+ years), now currently owned by beretta. Think stuff like Hensoldt, Zeiss. All german optics companies, who cater to more civilians especially hunting.

Wtf. 312... :P gotta check if that store is legit.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Ugh that is disappointing. You think that a company that prides itself on building "military quality optics" with one or two binos with NSN numbers you'd think that they'd stand behind their gear. But to replace them with a cheaper pair of binos is piss poor. Same level or better is the what they should do. One of these days I want to get on a night vision setup, good to know when I search for infrared devices....
    Oh it gets worse. A friend of mine was out with one of his buddies in Galveston bay on the friends boat. The friend had the Mariner version of them the Cammandor's. He said his buddy basically lost it it over the way they were working & pitched them.

When I was communicating with Germany they said no on offers a life time on optics. I mentioned Ziess, Swarovski, & Leupold just to name a few that I have bought since their product failed miserably. Then I went on to say just because Uncle Sugar can absord defective crappy products the the manufacter lied about the warranty I couldn't because I'm the one giving Uncle Sugar money. I told them they could all enjoy a sack of PENISES, not bratwurst, knockwurst or another sausage shaped treat on me. The whole letter was in German with a cc in English.

I still have the replacement ones they shipped. They are mostly for count counting points on neighborhood whitetail herd & spoting birds.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom