• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • desertshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2019
    Houston
    I'm specifically talking about the Steiner Police series, if that matters at all. How does Steiner compare with Zeiss, and other European brands? Steiners are expensive, just not 4-digit expensive.
    Target Sports

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Years ago I bought some commanders that @ the time came with a lifetime warranty. I managed to break them & they replaced/repaired them. Then they fogged up. I was told they no longer have a life warranty & the way they are put together they are unserviceable.

These were the same binoculars as what were being issued to NATO tank commanders. After a bunch of bitching & finding my original warranty card they replaced them with some predator.

Not impressed with Steiner. When they bought out who built my BDAL I was pissed.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have 3 pairs.

A little 7x30 that I bought my dad before he passed.
    They've now lived in my truck center console for years.

I have a bulky 7x50 Commander with the built in compass, the old style rotating disk compass. Cool.
    They have that odd pink color objective filter that I believe is a protective laser filter for protecting one's cornea from enemy aiming lasers. Real GI issue I suspect. They look like they've been to hell and back on the outside but the glass is incredible sharp.

I have a pair of 20x80 Military. 20x resolution and contrast is astounding.
    Definitely in the 4 figure price that I somehow picked up for $250 from a table of miscellaneous junk at a San Antonio Alzafar Shrine gun show years ago.
    I use them on a solid Manfrotto tripod as a spotting scope. They can see .17 caliber holes at 200 yards!
    20x with two eyes seems, subjectively, more visually acute that one eye at 50x.
    My son uses them at the river as his CAD...."Cleavage Assessment Device". They can tell genuine from silicone.

Steiner?
    Mine have a pretty cushy life right now so if you need gear to carry to a mountain top in British Colombia I'm not the guy to ask.
    Two thumbs up from me.

Last edited:

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Seems pretty much like a no-questions-asked-forever warranty from their current web site BTW.
    All mine are pre-2014 so I hope I never need to find out.

The Steiner Heritage™ Warranty means we stand behind our products. Over half a century of experience building rugged and reliable, mil-spec product and supplying them to armed forces all around the world allows us to have this kind of confidence. We at Steiner are totally committed to the very highest standards of quality, dependability, and most of all customer satisfaction. Our Heritage™ Warranty assures you of that commitment.

Steiner Heritage™ Warranty – For the Life of the Product
    Covers Binoculars, Riflescopes, Battle Sights, Rings, and Mounts
    Valid in U.S. and Canada only on items manufactured since 2014.

For warranties in other countries, please visit www.Steiner.de

We will repair or replace the product at no charge to you. The Steiner Heritage Warranty does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage or cosmetic damage that does not hinder the performance of the product.

• No warranty card needed.
    • No receipt required.
    • Warranty is fully transferable to future owners of the product.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    They are one of the top tier glass makers. Like everything, personal opinions vary and there are God and bad experiences, brand snobs and fanboi's.

I couldnt afford them anyway nor would I spend that kind of money on something for which a couple hundred bucks would easily buy acceptable quality.

Even if you get something for 250 bucks, you could still spend half on vortex or?

tact

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2014
    Presidio
    Excellent optics. I have the military, police, and another smaller version. Absolutely great glass and never had a problem. At times Botach will run a pretty nice sale on them for quite a steal.

Top Bottom