• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Cities and counties around me are under the same. So many "essential" business classifications that I don't know of anyone yet who is unable to work. SIL works for a pool supply company and it falls under the essential business guidelines. It also allows for visits to the grocery stores, pharmacies, eateries to pick up food, etc. Traffic is a bit lighter due to many that can work from home but how would an official know you are defying unless you open your clothing store, barber shop, etc? I did see a cop yesterday at a park's parking lot talking to a large group of runners gathered together so that's an obvious no-no.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    From this Elder Academic Physician, observations, plus comments:

1) The recent ElCampo "case" contracted it in New Orleans, on a trip.

2) At this stage, our greatest fear should be mass evacuations of large urban areas, especially New Orleans. Yes, I know you are in Texas, but that is your greatest threat, too. Remember "Katrina" and where the undesirables went? Houston, few to Dallas or Austin.

3) For the immediate time-being, we should all cooperate with all governmental restrictions except NEVER DISARM, no matter what they tell you !

"Experts" still don't have a good handle on this, and no-one knows what to expect. So, stay home as much as practical. Help your neighbors & family while KEEPING YOUR DISTANCE from everyone.

4) Basic precautions and traditional practices still apply, follow them strictly.

I am in daily touch with TEXMed, both States' Health Departments, TMA, UTHSC, etc. and will advise further as necessary.

Making inflammatory anti-government statements is very ill-advised now. This is not a Civil Rights or Constitutional issue. It IS a serious Public Health crisis !

leVieux

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I downloaded the Bell County order. No penalties for non-compliance. Hiking, walking, running, cycling and outdoor activities allowed as long as you maintain distance. Not a lock down without permission order. Pretty much what I am seeing most places.
    Not sure what they plan on doing about a business that does not comply. There is no penalty listed in the order.
    If it gets to the point that you can not be outside without papers like some countries,,,,I can see this getting to be a very real problem with civil disobedience. I'll be one of them.
    Civid 19 is a very real virus. From where and how is irrelevant.
    The panic over it is made up over peoples feelings and fear.
    It's sad when people die. It saddens me too from time to time. But it is a fact of what we call life. And anyone who has gambled knows, the only sure bet in what we call life is, you ain't getting out of it alive.

How the hell did America become so pompous as to think nobody should get sick or die?
    When I have to have permission to leave my home,,,,yup, I'll be disobedient as hell.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Everything so far that shows it to be a crisis, is mostly for a limited segment of the population. The old and already compromised portion of it. Other than a really bad flu, the majority seem to be pretty safe unless it mutates to something worse. The vast majority will survive it. Disruptive? Without a doubt. Wipe out mankind? I doubt that.
    I do not intend to live my life in fear. I'll do what I can to protect me and those I care about though. Within reason. I will also not be a slave to other's fear.
    This is shaping up to possibly be a case of " we survived the disease but the cure killed us".

Disarm??? Not while I'm alive. That may one day be our best chance of staying alive.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    What type of vehicle?
    My pickup has a rev limiter and starts to cut out at 110

My older truck cuts out about 98mph, all it took was a tuner to raise the limiter.
    Speeds are limited from the factory due to the tires speed rating.

ETA: I think he has a Camaro, though.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Speed limiters based on tire speed ratings is common but there are some exceptions.

If you have a 2014-2019 Silverado...the speed limiter is there because the needle bearings in the driveshaft u-joints will fail much above 100 mph...depending on tire sizes and the rear gear you’re running.

This is why performance driveshafts are a thing for guys who race these trucks at the strip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Making inflammatory anti-government statements is very ill-advised now leVieux

I disagree. This is exactly the time to remind our employees who the boss is. The only thing they are concerned about is publicly having to deny care to someone old or sick.

And I mean publicly.

You destroy the entire world economy to the extent they are heading for and that will be the least of their problems.

There will be wars over resources and that's after 25 percent unemployment destroyed our country. We will be lucky to survive, all over an illness with less than a 1 percent death rate and 90 plus percent serious symptoms rate that will probably be seasonal and have a vaccine by this time next year. And one that we know who the vulnerable are so we could easily mobilize to quarantine them and care for them much easier than this bullshit that's about to happen.

All over scare tactics of arbitrary made up projections that HAVE NOT ANYWHERE NEAR MATERIALIZED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.

That's as stupid a thing I ever heard of.

Well maybe tied with lemmings following each other off a cliff?

No worse. Because we will have to lower ourselves and act like an animal with a brain the size of a couple grains of rice in order to act so stupid.

Last edited:

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I was trying to divert from YOU speeding (and be funny about it) but ok, let it stand.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Oh, and if obama used up med stockpile supplies and failed to replenish them, he needs to answer and Biden needs to answer.

If you dont like anti government talk right now you really won't like what I've got to say about that.

If those reports are true Biden will be lucky to be allowed to withdraw from the race and not be.....well lucky.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Man, I would have enjoyed watching some of you social rebels in the entry line @ HEB this morning where they utilized more employees as traffic cops for aisle-usage than for checking out. :evil:

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom