• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popgun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2009
    austin
    A couple nights ago on hwy 71, west of Austin, I stopped at a convenience store. Inside was a guy wearing old style olive drab fatigues. One the shoulder he had a blue patch that said 'State Police'. Below that was a green patch that said 'SWAT'. He left in a black suburban with a big antenna. I thought that the closest thing that Texas had to state police was DPS or Texas Rangers. The blue patch he wore was definitely not a DPS patch. Have we acquired a new law enforcement branch?
    Guns International

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Look like this?

tabc2.jpg

popgun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2009
    austin
    The guys patch was a light blue, no emblem. Just 'State Police' on it and a green patch below that said 'SWAT'. I thought it was damn odd.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I know some of those Republic of Texas guy's. After visiting with them, I actually found out they really dont support secession. I have also heard that the State has labeled them as a terrorist group. I have no idea why because they havent done anything wrong other then get organized.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I know some of those Republic of Texas guy's. After visiting with them, I actually found out they really dont support secession. I have also heard that the State has labeled them as a terrorist group. I have no idea why because they havent done anything wrong other then get organized.

yeah but as long as we're taking away the right to speech, the right of the press, and the right to bear arms, we might as well throw in the right to congregate to make it the full house...

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    We Have the State Police, DPS, and the Rangers. All work under the same athority.
    All I know about the State police is they have state investigators.
    LOL...Mr Redneck, might I suggest you not try to educate anyone of the law enforcement world as you are predictably incorrect again.

We have DPS, which includes the traditional Highway Patrol guys, as well as Criminal Intellegence Agents, Auto Theft Agents, Narcotics Agents and Texas Rangers. Any of the latter 3 are considered Investigators. (If you are not following, DPS and the Rangers are the same agency)
    There is no agency in Texas that has the formal title "State Police".
    Often, TABC, Game Wardens and any other number of state agencies that have licensed peace officers working for them fall under the guise of "State Police" You will often see them at large events, like the state fair or San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo, wearing jackets that say "State Police" due to the fact that it makes them easily recognizable.
    The state has tons of agencies that employ peace officers and therefore could use the term "State Police"

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    History Buff information : During the Reconstruction Era of Federal retaliation for Texas' part in the Civil War, a "State Police" was organized by the Federals and was not composed by the Law Enforcement who served before and during the war. Many of those "State Police" were merely overbearing thugs put in place by a
    Yankee heavy thumb. One of John Wesley Hardin's shortcomings and several of his crimes involved "firing" several of these so called State Police. Today's Texas Law Officers bear no resemblence to those put in place by the Yankees and are our friends and neighbors and the Term State Police bears no hatred by the law abiding, respectable community. Just a bit of history concerning the term of long ago. God Bless todays Leos !

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    LOL...Mr Redneck, might I suggest you not try to educate anyone of the law enforcement world as you are predictably incorrect again.

We have DPS, which includes the traditional Highway Patrol guys, as well as Criminal Intellegence Agents, Auto Theft Agents, Narcotics Agents and Texas Rangers. Any of the latter 3 are considered Investigators. (If you are not following, DPS and the Rangers are the same agency)
    There is no agency in Texas that has the formal title "State Police".
    Often, TABC, Game Wardens and any other number of state agencies that have licensed peace officers working for them fall under the guise of "State Police" You will often see them at large events, like the state fair or San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo, wearing jackets that say "State Police" due to the fact that it makes them easily recognizable.
    The state has tons of agencies that employ peace officers and therefore could use the term "State Police"
    I know people who work for the DPS, State "whatever you call it", Rangers, FBI, DEA, Sheriffs departments, Police departments, and Fire departments. Hell I even know a few mall ninja's!
    The exact detail's of what they do doesnt really bother me to much. When they cause criminal's to have a bad day I simply think all of em do the same job.

bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    dps swat members do in fact wear OD jump suits. and their rocker does say SWAT. as for the blue patch.. got me stumped fo sho because the old blue is from way back in the day.

Top Bottom