• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Started going to MaddDogz in Waxahachie to play paintball about a month ago. My son went with me last weekend and we had a blast. It’s turned out to be a great way for us to spend time together.

Also helping to get him out of his shell a little bit and bridge the gap between his interests and mine. Hope it helps to build his confidence over time as well. He was ready to leave late afternoon when a large group of teenagers came in and he was worried about them being jackasses (my words, not his).

Highly recommend it to anyone looking for a Saturday activity. No, it’s not at all any kind of realistic tactical training. But it’s a hell of a lot of fun. And paintballs are cheaper than most .22LR now…

DK Firearms

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    YG, glad to see you return!

The 'Paint Ball' idea sounds like great fun!!

Thanks. Having my son on board makes it that much better. Not always easy to connect.
    Maybe Jack Tactical will return also.......

Ya never know. He’s probably the most technically tactically proficient paintball operator to ever operate with technical tactical precision on a paintball field of battle.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I might have to DM you and figure out how to get set up to go do that.
    Sure.

Really, you can walk in and pay $45 and they will hand you everything you need. Gun, mask, 500 paintballs. I think a padded vest is included but not positive.

If you want to buy your own gear there is a store on site that doesn’t jack up prices as far as I can tell. The few things I’ve gotten are prices the same as if I had ordered them online. What you “need” really depends on how much it bothers you to get hit. I don’t mind so much, but I get why people where padded shirts too. Guns range from $100-$2000. Just depends on what you want to be able to do. I’m hoping to try Magfed paintball at some point.

I’ll be out there with my son this coming Saturday, along with a couple other guys that are gonna give it a try. I’m not an expert, but I have bought some things that I ended up realizing I should upgrade a week later. And some things that I could have gotten a cheaper version for the same result.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I haven't been paintballing in years but can affirm it can be a blast. Played a lot of woodsball and some urban structure based fields. During the winter our local field had discounted rates so we would take advantage of the cost savings but also paid for it in pain. Those paintballs would freeze and turn into ball bearings. It was a double edged sword because they would break less but hurt more. At the end of the day we would have a contest to see who had the biggest welts.
    ***Pro tip - Always put your extra ammo tubes in front of your balls. It saves lives.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I haven't been paintballing in years but can affirm it can be a blast. Played a lot of woodsball and some urban structure based fields. During the winter our local field had discounted rates so we would take advantage of the cost savings but also paid for it in pain. Those paintballs would freeze and turn into ball bearings. It was a double edged sword because they would break less but hurt more. At the end of the day we would have a contest to see who had the biggest welts.
    ***Pro tip - Always put your extra ammo tubes in front of your balls. It saves lives.

Haven’t played in the cold yet, but everything I’ve found is that with the way they are made now cold weather makes them very brittle. If it gets really cold it’s sometimes necessary to reduce the velocity or go to a larger bore size to prevent barrel breaks.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Haven’t played in the cold yet, but everything I’ve found is that with the way they are made now cold weather makes them very brittle. If it gets really cold it’s sometimes necessary to reduce the velocity or go to a larger bore size to prevent barrel breaks.
    Technology advances. My experience was from the late 90's.

eta: This was all in the upper Midwest so typically colder than a witch's teat in a metal bra.

Last edited:

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    remember if you wanna be a bastard freeze your paintballs :roflsmile:
    for real tho paintball is pretty fun with the boys.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Cool. I drive by that place often and always was curious.
    Come out Saturday if you aren’t busy. It’s a lot of fun.

Only thing I’m trying to decide is if I want to wear my old ACUs so I don’t rip my jeans anymore, but at the same time don’t want to look like I’m trying to be “that guy”. It’s also the absolute worst camp pattern ever conceived and would probably stand out a lot more than my usual T shirt and jeans.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Come out Saturday if you aren’t busy. It’s a lot of fun.

Only thing I’m trying to decide is if I want to wear my old ACUs so I don’t rip my jeans anymore, but at the same time don’t want to look like I’m trying to be “that guy”. It’s also the absolute worst camp pattern ever conceived and would probably stand out a lot more than my usual T shirt and jeans.
    If I get a Saturday off or done early I’ll show. Been a long time but paintball is fun. Right now my days off are Tuesday Wednesday.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …absolute worst camo pattern ever conceived...
    Allow me to offer the Navy’s blueberry as an option then.
    2fc6f8342b680e2e7889ac926d247648.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Allow me to offer the Navy’s blueberry as an option then.
    2fc6f8342b680e2e7889ac926d247648.jpg
    Idk, at least in the shade it would possibly break up a pattern and somewhat blend.

I’ve been trying to figure out what I did with my old woodland pattern BDUs. Tough and comfortable. And a camp pattern that has a slight chance of offering some sort of concealment.

Top Bottom