• ...and so much more!
  • RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    RedArmy, just found this thread while searching up Star BM grips to see whats out there. VERY nice rebuild! I have 4 of these great little pistols and they all function perfectly. Wondering how yours has held up since the rebuild was finished?
    Thanks! Haven't fired it in about 2 years to be honest, it was running great when I put it away. I've only ran about 400 to 500 rounds through it in total since the rebuild, other than replacing the light 12lb factory weight recoil spring to a heavier one it ran fine. Dug her out of the safe after seeing this thread resurface, might take it along with me to the range this week. The hammer bite is strong with this one, still not sure how it get's me, lol. It's a lot more slippery thanks to the refinishing so it might be sliding up in my hand during recoil. I still won't trim the hammer though, I think the lines of this pistol are just beautiful and couldn't bring myself to do any alterations. The Star BM's are indeed great little guns for the money.

COS3qdr.jpg

The bluing job McClleland Gun Shop did is still kicking butt! The finish on this pistol is nuts, it seems to get shinier every time I oil it. Not a gun for sweaty hands, I keep it drenched in oil when stored.
    SQ81IcX.jpg

Trying to photograph a highly reflective blued finish indoors at night = FAIL, lol. The BM has a distinctive muzzle, coupled with the 1911 styling it makes for an attractive piece.
    8YPKx4T.jpg
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Damnit fng digging up threads I missed and making me go buy another pistol. JG sales still has them btw lol. Thanks Red, I'll have to come back and reference your sources when mine shows up.

I hoped this would help someone, not a lot of info out there on these pistols.

This was a tough job, I said somewhere in the thread that I might build another one yet I can say without hesitation that I wouldn't, lol. Looking over these pages reminded me of how much work it was. Lot's o' sanding all done by hand.

Top Bottom