• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    That's just nuts. That gives every police, fire, and city utility employee a key to your apartment whether they are on or off duty. How many employees will "accidentally" lose their lock box key for a few hundred dollars? How soon until the cable guy, the phone guy, and the appliance delivery guy demand access to your place? I'd be putting a second lockable door behind my front door. The first time some place is burglarized by someone using the lock box, the city should be sued.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The restaurants I build want lock boxes on the front of the building. Some areas require it, but it isn't an issue because they have already chosen to install them. The lock boxes do a criminal no good because it doesn't bypass the building security system. Actually, opening the lock box itself sets off the security system.

Now, that being said, I wouldn't put one on my business, required or not. They allow too much access. I do not agree with the idea of them being required. As far as I am concerned, the fire department shouldn't be taking the time to mess with them anyway. Just break the door down and be done with it.

I don't see any application to a private residence, or a need. Unless they begin to register axes and sledge hammers, your place isn't really that safe anyway.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Give them a key then change the locks. Next thing you know they are going to want keys to your house and car. I don't care if you have to bust my door in if there's a fire thats what home owners insurance is for.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    The gentleman in the blue polo shirt at 1:30 in had it 100 %correct.

+1

And the idiot councilman who responded to him is representative of the growing movement in this country for government officials at the city, county, state, and federal levels who want to increase their authority over you, "for your safety and benefit." Sorry, no f***ing way, literally over my dead body!!!

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    An element in all this that Americans have brought on themselves is they constantly clamor for more safety, and to quote H.L. Mencken on this:

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."

Government is more than willing to take away your rights and responsibilities, all for the sake of purportedly making you safer. What b.s.!

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They are much to busy fighting to take away our second amendment rights because we violate the rights of the dirtbag who breaks into our home by defending it.

Thank God for those states that have enacted Castle Doctrines. If you have the right to be at that location (home, work, store, your car) you have the right to defend yourself up to and including using lethal force.

Top Bottom