• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIGALEXK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    San Antonio
    Been really looking into getting a government model emissary from springfield. Wanted to see if anyone has had some hands on experience with it. Because i had previously bought a fnx-45 and while its shoots and feels great, its just not for me. So i figured i would ask y'all.
    Texas SOT

BIGALEXK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    San Antonio
    I don't have any experience with that particular pistol from SA, I do have lots of experience with many of their firearms over the years. IMO, they make a very reliable and accurate pistol, and especially the 1911's. Hands down, one of my favorite brands of 1911's.
    Ya i've read good things online about them but wanted to see if anyone had some real time with one. I want to use it as my open carry in the future. Plus it just looks amazing to me. The sights are a huge plus too.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I don’t buy or shoot Springfield on principle alone. Having said that, the emissary is just another 1911 platform available in 9mm or .45ACP. Go to Nardis or Mission Ridge and rent any of their 1911s and you’ll know if you like the ergos/hand feel or not while saving about $1,350.

Reactions: MTA

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I don’t buy or shoot Springfield on principle alone. Having said that, the emissary is just another 1911 platform available in 9mm or .45ACP. Go to Nardis or Mission Ridge and rent any of their 1911s and you’ll know if you like the ergos/hand feel or not while saving about $1,350.

$1,350. You can by 5 Glocks for that.

BIGALEXK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    San Antonio
    I already know the feel of a 1911. And it's never felt more natural. But i'm curious, Why is springfield a no no for you?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    $1,350. You can by 5 Glocks for that.
    You couldn’t give me a glock. I have nothing against striker fired guns in general, but glock perfection feels like a brick. Just like the P365; the factory grip module is horrible, but throw a Wilson Combat grip module, the long slide and barrell on, and it’s a completely different gun.

In case you’re wondering, my edc is a WC X9

ETA: springfield takes money you pay them for a gun and uses it to elect politicians that want to make you a criminal for owning a gun.

BIGALEXK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    San Antonio
    You couldn’t give me a glock. I have nothing against striker fired guns in general, but glock perfection feels like a brick. Just like the P365; the factory grip module is horrible, but throw a Wilson Combat grip module, the long slide and barrell on, and it’s a completely different gun.

In case you’re wondering, my edc is a WC X9
    Wilsons are amazing. At least their own guns and not just the copies. But i want 45 and anything over 2 grand is a bit much atm.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Well i'll be damned. Ain't that some bull right there. Can't hide anything anymore, as it should be. People aren't stupid, sometimes.

I'm never bought into the claim that Springfield and RRA directly contributed to anti-gun politicians.

There has to be more to this story than is being reported.

Seriously, why would an firearms manufacturer donate to a politician's campaign that would directly threaten their business?!?

It's the Illinois Firearms Manufacturing Association (IFMA) that's the culprit here!

Pinning that on SA and RRA is like claiming you are responsible for a crime committed by someone you sold a gun to!

And honestly, this is Illinois we are talking about here! Is there a pro-gun politician to be found anywhere in that state?!?

Lastly, despite all the claims that this "scandal" would "harm" Springfield Arms, the company has been doing extremely well ever since which shows there's little credibility to the claims...

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …Seriously, why would an firearms manufacturer donate to a politician's campaign that would directly threaten their business?!?...
    Look at RRA’s response after the news broke:

And Springfield’s.

Either way, neither of those companies seemed to understand where, for decades, the money was going or what is was supporting.

Now, I also never owned one of their products prior to this information becoming available. The only innovative product I saw was the XD line, but I’ve never figured out if that was an HS design or a Springfield design.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    And honestly, this is Illinois we are talking about here! Is there a pro-gun politician to be found anywhere in that state?!?
    Maybe if Mad John ran for office... :)

I can see the campaign poster now. You just know it would be him sitting on his front stoop with a transferable AK-47.

BIGALEXK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    San Antonio
    I'm never bought into the claim that Springfield and RRA directly contributed to anti-gun politicians.

There has to be more to this story than is being reported.

Seriously, why would an firearms manufacturer donate to a politician's campaign that would directly threaten their business?!?

It's the Illinois Firearms Manufacturing Association (IFMA) that's the culprit here!

Pinning that on SA and RRA is like claiming you are responsible for a crime committed by someone you sold a gun to!

Lastly, despite all the claims that this "scandal" would "harm" Springfield Arms, the company has been doing extremely well ever since which shows there's little credibility to the claims...
    That a really solid rebuttal. And i feel ya, there is two sides to every story. So until someone has solid proof its hearsay. Grandpa always told me not to assume, because it makes a ass out of you and me.

But they did blatantly lie. That much is very clear. Because then there wouldn't need to be clarification or a apology. So its kinda a mess that no one seems to have a real answer for.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Maybe if Mad John ran for office... :)

I can see the campaign poster now. You just know it would be him sitting on his front stoop with a transferable AK-47.
    @benenglish is Mad John still around and ok? I miss his posts with pieces of his collection.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom