• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

Either way, neither of those companies seemed to understand where, for decades, the money was going or what is was supporting.

Now, I also never owned one of their products prior to this information becoming available. The only innovative product I saw was the XD line, but I’ve never figured out if that was an HS design or a Springfield design.

HS design. Springfield took the already-on-the-market HS2000 - which had been out for a few years at that point - and made a deal to rebrand and sell at much higher volume.

The new Hellcat? Not a Springfield design either - the XD, XDM, and Hellcat are all rebadged HS firearms. Springfield might've had input on them, but they are engineered, produced, and sold world-wide (outside the US) under the HS Produkt banner.

Springfield's only non-HS products are the Saint (and who knows who really makes that one) and their 1911's.

Springfield is just an importer that contracts others to design and build their shit. Nothing special about them, though some of their guns do incorporate nice features, or are good designs in their own right.

I just fondled the Hellcat Pro at my LGS the other day - trying to help my 84 year old grand dad find a new carry gun (at his request - he wants to move from revolvers to something with an easier trigger, and less snappy recoil) - it was an impressive, comfortable little gun. I've owned a bunch of XD's before - none since Springfrield / RRA shenanigans. The Hellcat might get me to re-evaluate that stance, especially since they tried making right and back tracked, but I think they'd still be doing the same shady shit if they hadn't been caught.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Either way, neither of those companies seemed to understand where, for decades, the money was going or what is was supporting...

Trust me, I know that feeling! :p

Now, I also never owned one of their products prior to this information becoming available. The only innovative product I saw was the XD line, but I’ve never figured out if that was an HS design or a Springfield design.

I have a range of Springfield pistols, from several XD/XDMs (which did derive from the Croatian HS2000!) to four of their M1911A1s.

Granted, all were purchased prior to 2017; but I would not hesitate buying another Springfield Armory product given the opportunity.

All my pistols have been exceptional shooters, dead on reliable, and overall weapons I would trust my life with. In fact, my EDC is a Springfield (I have several I carry based on numerous factors). I have multiple other pistols in my collection, but none of them have proven themselves to the point I have no doubt they will work when and as needed as my Springfields have!

BIGALEXK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    San Antonio
    Trust me, I know that feeling! :p

I have a range of Springfield pistols, from several XD/XDMs (which did derive from the Croatian HS2000!) to four of their M1911A1s.

Granted, all were purchased prior to 2017; but I would not hesitate buying another Springfield Armory product given the opportunity.

All my pistols have been exceptional shooters, dead on reliable, and overall weapons I would trust my life with. In fact, my EDC is a Springfield (I have several I carry based on numerous factors). I have multiple other pistols in my collection, but none of them have proven themselves to the point I have no doubt they will work when and as needed as my Springfields have!
    Now that's what i was hoping to hear. Don't have much experience with them but heard they are well worth the money. At least the 1911s and their M1A models.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Now that's what i was hoping to hear. Don't have much experience with them but heard they are well worth the money. At least the 1911s and their M1A models.

I picked up my first XD, in .45ACP, back when I retired in 2006. It was one of the hottest pistols around at the time. I had carried Glocks on occasion in the military in addition to the M9, and I felt it incorporated many of the positive attributes of the Austrian pistol combined with the natural grip angle of the M1911. I later picked up an XDM 5.25" Competition Series also in .45ACP which other than being polymer and a double-stack (13 + 1 rounds), is almost exactly the same dimensions of the M1911. I later grabbed a XDS when they came out (again in .45ACP) and was amazed at how well it shot being such a small pistol. It's not something you want to put several hundred rounds through, but if you need a smaller carry pistol it is a great choice. About the only downside is, like the M1911, the mags are limited to 7-8 rounds.

I have thousands of rounds through all of my XD series pistols and I can't recall ever having a single failure.

I absolutely love the Springfield M1911 models, and picked several up years ago when they were still available at reasonable prices. I have everything from a GI to higher end examples, and while all were manufactured in Brazil, they are holding up extremely well and are a pleasure to shoot! I don't have as many rounds through them as I don't carry them as much as I do my XDs, but shot of a custom built M1911, I think they are great value even at today's higher prices!

BIGALEXK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    San Antonio
    I picked up my first XD, in .45ACP, back when I retired in 2006. It was one of the hottest pistols around at the time. I had carried Glocks on occasion in the military in addition to the M9, and I felt it incorporated many of the positive attributes of the Austrian pistol combined with the natural grip angle of the M1911. I later picked up an XDM 5.25" Competition Series also in .45ACP which other than being polymer and a double-stack (13 + 1 rounds), is almost exactly the same dimensions of the M1911. I later grabbed a XDS when they came out (again in .45ACP) and was amazed at how well it shot being such a small pistol. It's not something you want to put several hundred rounds through, but if you need a smaller carry pistol it is a great choice. About the only downside is, like the M1911, the mags are limited to 7-8 rounds.

I have thousands of rounds through all of my XD series pistols and I can't recall ever having a single failure.

I absolutely love the Springfield M1911 models, and picked several up years ago when they were still available at reasonable prices. I have everything from a GI to higher end examples, and while all were manufactured in Brazil, they are holding up extremely well and are a pleasure to shoot! I don't have as many rounds through them as I don't carry them as much as I do my XDs, but shot of a custom built M1911, I think they are great value even at today's higher prices!
    Well thanks for the feedback. I like just about eveything about the look and function of the Emissary but don't own anything springfields as a whole.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    I have to agree with majormadmax in everything he said about S/A guns. I have only 3 or 4 left, have had over a dozen, and they all work great, all the time. I have never had a single malfunction of any kind. The XD/M in .45ACP was the most comfortable shooter in .45 that I have ever had, and that includes the S/A FBI model 1911 I had that one of my nephews whined about so long that I let him trade me out of it. I hate him for that and would buy another today if I could find it.

BIGALEXK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    San Antonio
    I have to agree with majormadmax in everything he said about S/A guns. I have only 3 or 4 left, have had over a dozen, and they all work great, all the time. I have never had a single malfunction of any kind. The XD/M in .45ACP was the most comfortable shooter in .45 that I have ever had, and that includes the S/A FBI model 1911 I had that one of my nephews whined about so long that I let him trade me out of it. I hate him for that and would buy another today if I could find it.
    Not going to lie, but i was considering the XD series, but ultimately i made the mistake of going fnx-45. Great gun, shoots amazing, i just have tiny fingers. And you learn a lot about a gun the first 100 rounds.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …I absolutely love the Springfield M1911 models, …
    I don’t think I’ve ever crapped on their quality, I just don’t like their business decisions. Except the EMP, which is kind of like a Les Baer; p̵r̵o̵p̵r̵i̵e̵t̵a̵r̵y̵ unique in proportions. I’ve shot the TRP and several XD/XD-S models, just never felt compelled to purchase.

To me, Springfield’s mid-range 1911 models are kind of like Kimber’s top end. Which is to say I’d rather pick up a Dan Wesson at that price point. Even the vaunted Professional.

That’s the beauty of a (somewhat) free market, though.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I just bought one in 45 acp. Love it!!! Very nice sights...note the rear sight

IMG_5389.jpg IMG_5390.jpg IMG_5391.jpg

BIGALEXK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    San Antonio

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    Hell ya. I really like the look of the commander sized you got there. But i want to hold the full sized government model. And those sights are really great. Really want one, and hopefully soon. Tell me how it shoots.
    I've taken it to the range twice. Shoots great and accurate. The rear sight is really cool with the "u" shape

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    I wanted an Emissary but I scored a Dan Wesson VBOB, so I didn't really want to spend the money on it. My LGS has a 9 mm version but I got a Wilson Combat Experior X9 frame , so . I have owned a few of the XD's but didn't really do well with them. I owned an EMP and it was a sweet shooter. Fired 2 shots at a 18" going at a 100 yards hit the second shot. Very accurate. Somebody offered me more money than I paid so they have a sweet carry piece. I love the way the Emissary looks, different but still classy. The XD's are proprietary so if they break they have to be sent back to Springfield. I prefer to own things I can fix it or get fixed locally . Exception being big projects that in truth I have neither the skill or knowledge to do. I do not think you would be disappointed in the Emissary so pull the trigger on it and let us know how sweet she shoots.

BIGALEXK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    San Antonio
    I wanted an Emissary but I scored a Dan Wesson VBOB, so I didn't really want to spend the money on it. My LGS has a 9 mm version but I got a Wilson Combat Experior X9 frame , so . I have owned a few of the XD's but didn't really do well with them. I owned an EMP and it was a sweet shooter. Fired 2 shots at a 18" going at a 100 yards hit the second shot. Very accurate. Somebody offered me more money than I paid so they have a sweet carry piece. I love the way the Emissary looks, different but still classy. The XD's are proprietary so if they break they have to be sent back to Springfield. I prefer to own things I can fix it or get fixed locally . Exception being big projects that in truth I have neither the skill or knowledge to do. I do not think you would be disappointed in the Emissary so pull the trigger on it and let us know how sweet she shoots.
    Ya i'm wanting too. But due to a bit of a regrettable purchase, i'll have to wait unfortunately. And wilsons are a little rich for my wallet atm. But wouldn't mind finding one used. But that is even harder to find. :laughing:

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Ya i'm wanting too. But due to a bit of a regrettable purchase, i'll have to wait unfortunately. And wilsons are a little rich for my wallet atm. But wouldn't mind finding one used. But that is even harder to find. :laughing:
    I cringed when I bought mine, got a awesome raise so I celebrated. I shoot it better than any semi I own and it didn't take long to achieve that. I can shoot tighter groups with my revolvers and 1911's but engaging targets and controlled fast fire that Wilson just rocks.

Top Bottom