• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arordonez84

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    I have a beautiful Springfield Model 1903 A3 converted to a 300 Savage the maker mark on the barrel is from AD Fokey of San Antonio Texas it has been tapped for a scope and will come with a set of weaver scope rings. I am Asking 550$ OBO there is some room wiggle room in the price. There are some blemishes on the stock and barrel but works flawlessly the receiver from Springfield has a serial number is 488XXX circa 1911 This is a great hunting rifle and A nice piece of Texas history.

Mr. Forkey was a barrel maker for Mr. Robert Kleingunther of Sequin Texas in the 40's and 50's. As the story goes, Mr. Forkey and Mr. Kleingunther had a falling out and Mr. Forkey started making his own sporterized 03-A3's. Mr. Forkey completed about 50 rifles and then suddenly died of a heart attack. The Stock comes from another San Antonio gentleman named Alex Harper who was known for his intricate stock engraving and worked at Nagel's gun in the 1930's this has been confirmed by a local gun dealer

* I have this listed on multiple sites*

Springfield2.jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

Top Bottom