• ...and so much more!
  • Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Howdy!

Does anybody know about rapidly loading a Marlin 60? I've never owned a .22 that is tube fed before and have heard something about these tubes before but can't find any.

Thanks,
    Douglas
    ARJ Defense ad

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Use a long drinking straw. Close off one end with something, fill the tube, then put tape over the end, wash, rinse, and repeat. ;)

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Cheaper than dirt sells them I think for about 19.97 they hold 120 rds.
    part #GNS-120.

Those are nifty. I read some reviews. Some were saying that it's too bulky and they couldn't carry it convieniently. As opposed to what?!? Just stick a strap on it and throw it over your shoulder or stick it in a napsack or something. Looks like it sure beats putting them in one by one. Absotively! Got some old arrow shafts and might try that or just buy one of these.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    I cut ten aluminum arrows to 15 1/2 inches and used erasers for plugs. I need to tie the plugs to the end of each arrow. That way, after I've used each load I'll know which ones they are by leaving the plug hanging by the string.

When I'm done with the plugs, I'll fasten the loaders to some sort of cylinder with wire and keep them slightly separated so it'll be easier to load. Fun doing it yourself.

woodsong

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Katy
    Got my speed loader in -- it's smaller than I thought it would be ... which is good. Makes it easier to haul around. Operation is pretty simple -- it's a clearish plastic cylinder that's built a lot like a revolver wheel -- there's a number of hollow cylinder's around the outside where you install the 22 rounds. I can fit 15 .22LR's per cylinder.

Each end is capped by a plastic endcap that's joined by springs. You can then load it from the bottom or the top. The top cap has a "spout" where you can insert .22's or "pour out" .22's. Load one cylinder, then pull the cap and twist it to match up the spout with the next cylinder. After fully loading, it's still not that heavy -- I wouldn't have any objections carrying this around (although you'd want it in a backpack or some other sort of pouch simply because size -- it's about 12" long and 3" or so in diameter.)

To load the Marlin, remove the inner tube from the rifle, twist the plastic endcap on the loader, line 'em up, and "pour" a rack of .22's into the tube. Works pretty smoothly.

diggitydan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    New Jersey
    I have been looking for a few days now and saw this spee-d-loader system in a Cabela's magazine. I was curious about its design... price seems fair at $19.99 + SH (about $25.00)
    Thank you for your review on the spee-d-loader, made my desicion easy.

Anyone else interested in getting this loader can go to www. Cabelas.com search for item # 22-2343-536
    NOTE: The spee-d-loader system has 8x15rd long rifle ammunition chambers or 8x11rd magnum long rifle rounds, This device is the answer to what I was looking for in a speed loader.

Dan, Marlin 60s
    New Jersey

Top Bottom