South Carolina House adds firing squad to execution methods

Texas42

TGT Addict
Nov 21, 2008
Texas
Th
We keep hearing that the drugs are not available. If any of us can have surgery and be put to sleep the drugs are available. The only difference is the dose. So the FDA hasn't cleared the drug for execution, big deal. We all know that we can humanely (I hate that term) put our pets down when needed. I have no problem with firing squads but who has ammo?
Its the pharmaceutical companies who refuse to sell them to governments rather than a drug shortage.

High dose barbiturates will work.

Texas used to use propofol, potassium chloride and a paralytic. I’m not sure what they use right now.
Also Oklahoma fudged one not too long ago. Country doctor put a femoral line somewhere other than where it should be.
I don’t have a problem with a legitimate firing squad. It’s not like a half dozen rifle rounds to the chest isn’t nearly instantly fatal.

satx78247

TGT Addict
Jun 23, 2014
We keep hearing that the drugs are not available. If any of us can have surgery and be put to sleep the drugs are available. The only difference is the dose. So the FDA hasn't cleared the drug for execution, big deal. We all know that we can humanely (I hate that term) put our pets down when needed. I have no problem with firing squads but who has ammo?

rotor,

NOT a JOKE. = There have been SEVERAL civil cases filed for condemned inmates that wanted the FDA to certify that the drugs were "safe & effective for the intended purpose".

That is at least HALF obviously STUPID as a drug cocktail intended to KILLED inmates is NOT "SAFE".
OTOH, if it DOES kill the inmate, it was EFFECTIVE.

Personally, I favor HANGING (Frankly, I would prefer if the hanging was in the county where the felony occurred, as it once was in Texas.) as a proper hanging is QUICK, CLEAN & ALWAYS KILLS.
(My SOLE objection to death by firing squad is that it is usually MESSY to clean-up after, just as beheading IS.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

candcallen

Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
They think it's hard to source lethal injectionn drugs, they havnt tried to source ammo lately!

ETA someone beat me to it.

Just back a Plymouth up to the gas chamber and run a hose into it. Less than a gallon of gas and job done.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
Forum Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
San Antonio
Th

Its the pharmaceutical companies who refuse to sell them to governments rather than a drug shortage.

High dose barbiturates will work.

Texas used to use propofol, potassium chloride and a paralytic. I’m not sure what they use right now.
Also Oklahoma fudged one not too long ago. Country doctor put a femoral line somewhere other than where it should be.
I don’t have a problem with a legitimate firing squad. It’s not like a half dozen rifle rounds to the chest isn’t nearly instantly fatal.
Southern Anesthesia is in SC. Be a shame if their business had to close due to some state regulation violations....

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads