• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I am getting sound loss for about a second at a time. Let me explain what I have and see if any ideas come up. The TV is a 73" Mitsubishi 1080P DLP. It's 3D ready and I have the Mitsubishi 3D kit hooked up. a Sony Blu-Ray player (3D and 1080P) and I am using Time Warners Samsung HD cable box. And everything is running through the Denon reciever with Pioneer speakers. I am using 1.4 HDMI cables on everything. I also added a Monster home theater surge protector. Everything is new. It doesn't seem to do it during movies just regular tv. and it does seem to be getting farther apart. I also seem to have noticed it mostly happening right after changing channels. I am most definately NOT a techno-guy anymore, so.....any ideas?
    Venture Surplus ad

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    My guess is the cable box. As a test, you can try switching the inputs to the receiver - unplug the HDMI cable from the cable box and move it to the Blu-Ray player and vice-versa (leave them as they are at the back of the receiver, just swap the ends at the TV/BR boxes). You'll then have to use the BR input to watch TV but it's just a temporary thing to test the signal path. Then see if the problem moves to the BR player or if it still happens only when watching TV. If the problem moves with the cable switcharoo then you either have a bad cable or bad input on the receiver. If it still only happens when watching TV then the cable box, or your cable service, is the culprit. Cable companies like TW and Comcast are notorious for recycling their returned equipment and it's not unusual to get a flaky cable box or cable modem. Have you noticed any video problems when this occurs?

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Thanks Greg-TX, I got the box switched out and now my family is REALLY enjoying our new home theater. No more sound cut-outs.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Cool! That's an awesome setup you have - how do you like the 3D part of it?

The 3D part is seriously cool, the downside is there just arent very many 3D Blu-Rays out yet, but even the Disney showcase (3D trailers) blu-ray that was included is very cool. The only other downside is all the proprietary stuff these companies are using, making the glasses really expensive. The kit came with two pair and I needed 5, luckely I found a person on craigslist who had 3 brand new pair, but they cost me 260 bucks, but at least everyone has a pair now.

Top Bottom