• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arod0525

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2020
    East Texas
    What is the best way to sort through bulk range brass? I have boughten shell sorters already but was wondering if anybody had some specific processes that they found worked really well. Got a ton of rifle/pistol brass and wanting to start sorting/cleaning it.
    Military Camp

Brassguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 15, 2017
    Wichita Falls
    I occasionally acquire 55gal drums full of once fired brass from the local law enforcement range. I pay my neighbors two sons $100 per drum to sort the brass into 5 gallon buckets. I find this the easiest way to sort brass.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    What is the best way to sort through bulk range brass? I have boughten shell sorters already but was wondering if anybody had some specific processes that they found worked really well. Got a ton of rifle/pistol brass and wanting to start sorting/cleaning it.
    Hand the bag to your kids and tell them they get a dollar to do it.

no2gates

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX

no2gates

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Nice find! Just from all of the reloading projects alone I've seen I think I need to breakdown and get a 3D printer.
    There's all kinds of shooting accessory crap you can make with 3D printers.
    Hell, I made a Picatinny rail Pez dispenser holder just because I could. Of all the weird shit I've seen mounted on Ar-15's I needed to make the ultimate useless item.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    I occasionally acquire 55gal drums full of once fired brass from the local law enforcement range. I pay my neighbors two sons $100 per drum to sort the brass into 5 gallon buckets. I find this the easiest way to sort brass.

And expose them to lead poisoning. I'm sure they wear gloves, a N95 mask, and coveralls to avoid that though, right? Kids deserve those extra steps when sorting fired brass, they are more vulnerable than adults to lead but you should be careful too.

If you are sorting any significant amount of brass, you need machinery. Less than a drum, get an ultimate sorter and make sure you get something pulling dust out of the air or run it outside. Fired brass is no joke in quantity, respect it.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Top Bottom