• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 00-Guy

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    San Antonio
    You know, sometimes you just have to pay attention.

My youngest son is home on leave from the Navy, so we decided to go shooting. I have a PSA AR9mm Colt magazine pistol that I enjoy shooting. So I grabbed a few mags and some mixed Russian 9mm ammo and we headed to the range.

Got there and loaded up the magazines, charged the pistol, pulled the trigger, and <CLICK>. I figured that I rode the handle home and tried to charge it again. And the @%#$#&@* handle wouldn't move. Got back to the table, and took the upper off, a gentle tap with a hammer to the handle and out comes the bolt. Pulled the round out of the chamber and notice no primer in the round. Ahhh it is cheap Russian 9mm, figured the primer fell out. Reassembled the rifle, went through the motions again, and <CLICK>. Again the handle wouldn't pull back, so repeat. Again another round with no primer.

This time I take a look at the loaded magazine and notice the next round also had no primer and the next one too. Upon further examination of unloaded rounds this is what I found. <see attached photo> I cannot remember where I bought this ammo, so it appears that I am out $10. :)

I promise to pay better attention when loading magazines.
    Texas SOT

Attachments

• IMG_0630.JPG
      IMG_0630.JPG
      36.9 KB · Views: 297

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You know, sometimes you just have to pay attention.

My youngest son is home on leave from the Navy, so we decided to go shooting. I have a PSA AR9mm Colt magazine pistol that I enjoy shooting. So I grabbed a few mags and some mixed Russian 9mm ammo and we headed to the range.

Got there and loaded up the magazines, charged the pistol, pulled the trigger, and <CLICK>. I figured that I rode the handle home and tried to charge it again. And the @%#$#&@* handle wouldn't move. Got back to the table, and took the upper off, a gentle tap with a hammer to the handle and out comes the bolt. Pulled the round out of the chamber and notice no primer in the round. Ahhh it is cheap Russian 9mm, figured the primer fell out. Reassembled the rifle, went through the motions again, and <CLICK>. Again the handle wouldn't pull back, so repeat. Again another round with no primer.

This time I take a look at the loaded magazine and notice the next round also had no primer and the next one too. Upon further examination of unloaded rounds this is what I found. <see attached photo> I cannot remember where I bought this ammo, so it appears that I am out $10. :)

I promise to pay better attention when loading magazines.
    http://www.buzzfile.com/business/Tulammo-888-317-5810
    Give them a ring and send them the picture

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Any powder in the cartridges? Definitely call them, something tells me you won't be the first to contact them ;)

Top Bottom