• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    How has Vladimir Putin—a man ruling a country with an economy smaller than that of Texas, with an average life expectancy 10 years lower than that of France—managed to launch an unprovoked full-scale assault on Ukraine?

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I used to listen to Bill Maher when he was just a comic, and he was amusing. For the last several years he has been a "talking head" for the left/progressive movement. I still watched on occasion to listen to how skewed the narrative had become.

I don't know if perhaps other lefties have decided that "orange man bad" was just a bad idea. It is unmistakable that our country has changed for the worse in the last 18 months, and even some pretty staunch haters of the right are beginning to rethink their decisions.

Everyone makes mistakes... Perhaps some on the other side of the aisle have also.

Anyway I like Bill Mahers comments from his HBO syndicated talk show this week...

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    I have heard much about this but it has never been more apparent.

In the book 1984, what was the main role of the Ministry of Truth?

The main role of the Ministry of Truth is to rewrite history to correspond with the Party's current claims. The function of Minitrue is primarily concerned with the mutability of the past, which is a central tenet of INGSOC. Inside the Ministry of Truth, employees like Winston Smith revise and recreate journals, articles, periodicals, and other forms of media to be utilized as government propaganda.

How has DARPA stayed out of the dialog all these years?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I actually kind of felt sorry for Bill when he got caught with Monica. Just look at Hillary and tell me you wouldn't cheat on her! I suspect if he could, he'd divorce her if he could.
    Sheiiiiit. No ammount of face down bag covers head could make me .........I just threw up in my mouth.

I wouldnt even carry her casket. Not that I wish very many people dead, her included.

What I would do on her grave wont be confused for dancing in the rain that's for sure.

I would however come out of retirement to hold her arm for her perp walk.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How has Vladimir Putin—a man ruling a country with an economy smaller than that of Texas, with an average life expectancy 10 years lower than that of France—managed to launch an unprovoked full-scale assault on Ukraine?

1) There is a common border, his supply lines are mostly on his home turf.

2) Putin had very, very good reasons for the invasion. Despite what our government & media tell us. The man is not crazy nor a warmonger; he has been threatened repeatedly by our hostile "military-industrial complex" and its agents on the deep state and CIA, via NATO.

3) Sizes of armies are pretty irrelevant in modern warfare. Mobility is key, and we are all seeing that Russia is relatively immobile except for missiles. China is the same way.

4) Putin feels that GOD is on his side, and he may be correct.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

2) Putin had very, very good reasons for the invasion. Despite what our government & media tell us. The man is not crazy nor a warmonger; he has been threatened repeatedly by our hostile "military-industrial complex" and its agents on the deep state and CIA, via NATO.

3) Sizes of armies are pretty irrelevant in modern warfare. Mobility is key, and we are all seeing that Russia is relatively immobile except for missiles. China is the same way.

So in your assessment of Putin, Communism is a good thing?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

You got some Putin on your chin still.

Seriously hes an evil murderous communist bastard. He needs to take a helo tour like all commies.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas

Yeah, no.

Putin/Russia does this all the time. Chechnya, Georgia, Ukraine...

Putin is former KGB. He is the very product of a deep state. Perhaps if he stopped invading neighbors, and generally stopped being a pest, our military industrial complex wouldn't bother him. You think he believes in god? Lol.

WRT #3, army size still matters, but only if you can actually project it. Russia is corrupt as hell, their military development is based solely around making a few nice looking toys to sucker in potential allies, and then giving them old ass equipment like AK's, RPG's, and T-72's and some ancient Migs. Maybe if you ask nicely you can get the super advanced S-400 ADS which is awesome if your goal is to shoot down said ancient Migs. You get no optics, your comms are beofengs, you get field dressings from the 70's...

As of 2016 they got socks.

Conscript army, so already a very low amount of morale, dedication, and skill. In addition, 1 year of service means you have an effective soldier for only about 6-8 months...

Everything is run top down. There is no NCO corps to allow flexibility in the field, orders are given, and that is that. Little to no communications, and any initiative shown is weeded out, or punished.

Russia is the farm in animal farm. The part where they fill the food containers with sand to make inspectors think they are doing way better than they are? Yeah.

Russia is Mexico with nukes. Perception of power is their power. And right now Ukraine is calling their bluff

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Slick Willie for all of his downfalls still managed to balance the budget. The only president in 30 years. But he also passed the Assault Weapons ban. At least it sunset in 10 years.
    it’s not like it was Hillary. If Hillary comes up, then revolt.
    Oh but how did he balance the budget? Tax social security payments, up the social and Medicare taxes which are credited to the general fund. So no he did not balance the budget.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom