Venture Surplus ad

Something... Good about the TXDPS system....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    No really. So I just moved - bought a home in SATX - moving down from Austin. And so I had to do all of the moving crap - you know changing your addresses with every entity that you deal with, all of the hook-ups, etc. and of course, getting a new DL and CHL with correct address.

So, now you can actually just do this on-line in a matter of minutes - pay $11 for the DL and $14 for the CHL address change and they will send them to you at your new home.

I have to say, that was a pleasant surprise - no fun time spent at the DPS station doing this - just a few minutes in your home.

Credit where credit is due.

If course I have to receive them to make this all for-sure a win, but I am being optimistic.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I
    No really. So I just moved - bought a home in SATX - moving down from Austin. And so I had to do all of the moving crap - you know changing your addresses with every entity that you deal with, all of the hook-ups, etc. and of course, getting a new DL and CHL with correct address.

So, now you can actually just do this on-line in a matter of minutes - pay $11 for the DL and $14 for the CHL address change and they will send them to you at your new home.

I have to say, that was a pleasant surprise - no fun time spent at the DPS station doing this - just a few minutes in your home.

Credit where credit is due.

If course I have to receive them to make this all for-sure a win, but I am being optimistic.
    I hope your good and everything comes in correct. I have nightmares about dealing with them in their office in Waco.

I one of their employees called my office and asked for a manager, me, and she proceeded to tell me we had shitty service. When I noted where she was calling from and asked, she admitted she was in the Waco DPS office and worked the window, and she knew what good service was. I unloaded on her, as I had just wasted a day and a half trying to get a new shop-built trailer registered as a farm trailer. I lit her up and bitched for about 5 minutes about her ( the office) service. When I stopped the take a breath, to see what she had to say, she had hung up. Never heard from her again, I checked her file and noted she spoke to a rep several minutes later and never mentioned service. The file closed without any further complaints.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    Now that you have departed the commie bastion of Texas come join the monthly lunch Fourth Friday usually at noon near I-10 and 1604
    Ha ha I see you are quite active promoting that. Sounds good to me - a good way to meet members. I am super busy and also still working so if this is on a Friday, I will have to take time off but I could do that - I think I saw you are in NW SA - saw Huebner road, not too far from me... so I should be able to do this.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I

I hope your good and everything comes in correct. I have nightmares about dealing with them in their office in Waco.

I one of their employees called my office and asked for a manager, me, and she proceeded to tell me we had shitty service. When I noted where she was calling from and asked, she admitted she was in the Waco DPS office and worked the window, and she knew what good service was. I unloaded on her, as I had just wasted a day and a half trying to get a new shop-built trailer registered as a farm trailer. I lit her up and bitched for about 5 minutes about her ( the office) service. When I stopped the take a breath, to see what she had to say, she had hung up. Never heard from her again, I checked her file and noted she spoke to a rep several minutes later and never mentioned service. The file closed without any further complaints.
    Maybe cuz she didn't want another ear full of your DMV troubles? :p :laughing:

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Many times, DMV troubles can be avoided by taking a short drive away from major metro areas. Living in Houston, we used their Dickinson and/or Wharton (Pierce, Texas) offices, where there was no wait for service and red tape was cut through, on-the-spot.

Last edited:

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    Well, the USPS sucks... I had to dirve 30 mins away from home last weekend to present my closing document to get my key for my mailbox- its in the new mailbox bank thing that the developments use now. The Carrier was supposed to drop my key off bc they didn't have it ready yet ... ok fine. Nothing happens - I call the PO = about 20 times - nobody picks up the phone. So I had to drive down again today - got the keys this time... got back and of course the mailbox is full of solicitations for "mortgage insurance" with official references to my mortgage company and account info... scammers. It's just life insurance - I literally got 15 of them. My new driver's license was in there though so that was good. So far no new carry permit - I guess it takes a bit longer to check you out? I don't know but it's not here yet.

Top Bottom