Lynx Defense

Someone sell it to me first...please!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    It must have been an oversight that the News forgot to mention that the "rocket launcher" was an empty tube and was a one time use that could not be made to fire again. Last time I checked Walmart was fresh out of AT4 rocket launchers.... maybe the LGS has some in stock. :confused:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    LOL...army surplus sells those tubes all day long. Hmmmm.....I wonder how much LA gave the fools for giving them up. If it's more then what they sell for at army surplus.....

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    OH NO!!! an empty at4 tube so scary. I guarantee any AR type rifles went straight into the LAPD armory.

I think an empty toilet paper roll is more dangerous than a spent AT4 tube.

I wonder if they are running the serials of the firearms that are "sold back" to see if they have perhaps been stolen from a law abiding citizen.

EDIT: Of course California does not have citizens. It has subjects.

Last edited:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I think an empty toilet paper roll is more dangerous than a spent AT4 tube.

I wonder if they are running the serials of the firearms that are "sold back" to see if they have perhaps been stolen from a law abiding citizen.

EDIT: Of course California does not have citizens. It has subjects.

Even if they did, in CA reclaiming a gun that's in LE possession requires a background check and pretty much all the same bullshit as buying it in the first place. There are even an extra step or two. Basically, if your gun were stolen out there, kiss it goodbuy because the cops are going to make it a complete pain in the ass to get it back.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Even if they did, in CA reclaiming a gun that's in LE possession requires a background check and pretty much all the same bullshit as buying it in the first place. There are even an extra step or two. Basically, if your gun were stolen out there, kiss it goodbuy because the cops are going to make it a complete pain in the ass to get it back.

Plus iam sure that if you had a chance of getting it back...it's been beat all to hell and rusted to crap. Plus has a nice big inventory number engraved on the side.

I went to police academy in harker heights Texas. There was a story about a one off, stolen, WWII Luger that had been taken into evidence And how the nice officer ruined it by engraving a crappy number right on the barrel. And receiver. The owner did get it back. It was a "ol well"...our bad....type deal.

Were talking a electric engraver. The kind you use to engrave Snap-On tools. Unless you use it alot. Your writing looks like crap. Go's deep enough to be permanent.

Last edited:

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I got one back. Had to prove I was innocent contrary to our constitution, as well as pay the AG to do what he's already salaried to do. Never got the ammo back and the cops told me "SOL. Strangest thing was the gun was never registered, but they still gave it back!

If I remember correctly the AG office told me that was an issue and I told them, "Hey, this paper doesn't say anything about it having to be registered and Ive done everything it says to do. Show me where it says you can still keep my gun." The dude at the AG office told me he'd call me back. After about an hour he called an said he had no choice but to release it! Ha! I love using bureaucrats own standards against them. Got the gun back and still never registered it!

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Plus iam sure that if you had a chance of getting it back...it's been beat all to hell and rusted to crap. Plus has a nice big inventory number engraved on the side.

I went to police academy in harker heights Texas. There was a story about a one off, stolen, WWII Luger that had been taken into evidence And how the nice officer ruined it by engraving a crappy number right on the barrel. And receiver. The owner did get it back. It was a "ol well"...our bad....type deal.

Were talking a electric engraver. The kind you use to engrave Snap-On tools. Unless you use it alot. Your writing looks like crap. Go's deep enough to be permanent.

So make it civil. You have a right to redress the government for grievances. They have no authority to Destroy property in such a manner.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Why wouldn't they just tag a gun instead of engrave it? wow! Yea, I wouldn't just leave it at that.

London-since when is there gun registration in Tx?

Top Bottom