• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Since the ship has sailed, I'd rather chart our own course instead of settling for any port in this current storm. Because we have a ton of great resources...our members...in the San Antonio area who have the knowledge, skill, or ability to help solve even the most challenging problems, I'd like to offer up this thread as a centralized place to facilitate taking care of each other when a need arises. And if you're hesitant to attach your username to the request, you can PM me directly and I'll post it under my username, with the hope that one of us can help with your immediate need.

If you've got the ability to help solve someone's problem, feel free to respond in the thread or PM the requestor directly...take the initiative. The only thing I ask is when a problem is solved, let's share that success with group.

Hopefully this thread will have the lowest post count in the history of Texas Gun Talk but if it doesn't, rest assured this thread can be added to your toolbox.
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Great idea and post! Thanks for taking the initiative.

As for me/wife, we are willing to help where we can in the Pipe Creek/Boerne/Bandera and surrounding area.
    We have a few laying hens, so we can supply eggs on a limited basis to those who might need them. If someone is elderly and needs a store run made, we could likely help there. And the wife is a seamstress and has been getting deluged with requests for soft, cotton face masks. True, they are not the N95 models and they are not respirators, but they can help you remember to not touch your face and can serve as a message to others: Don't sneeze/cough on me; maintain some distance. She has compromised immunities, so it made sense to us to have some available.

We stand by, ready to help if we can.

And, PS: my parents live down near Castroville/Hondo, so if you know of a need down that way, we could cover there, too.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    I have a fair amount of vacuum sealed packages with take and bake bread. It's good for a few months, if anyone is in dire need of bread, I'd be happy to give some. I'm regularly in the Waxahachie and Waco area.
    I'm aware it's not SA area, but if you happen to be close to either area, I could arrange to bring some.

OJ knives

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2017
    Great post. Growing up my father taught us to help people in need. I wish more people thought the same way, it would make the world a better place.
    I'm in for however I can help. I travel between Houston and New Braunfels at least once a week if anyone needs to send something.
    Y'all take care.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Here in SATX this is already happening on an "informal"/private basis.

For example, I needed a dozen eggs but couldn't find them in the stores. = My neighbor brought me a dozen that were "surplus" to her needs. = Alicia REFUSED to let me pay her for the eggs.

I've, in the last 3 days, given packages of baker's yeast & 5# of flour to a lady, who could not find any to bake bread for her family.

We WILL get through this MESS yet by helping each other.

yours, satx

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I'm available in the Schertz area and am home during the day. I can usually get in early enough to get those things that sell before some are off of work. So if you need something PM me and I can do my best to get it. Just keep in mind there are limits, so I may only be able to get one person a day if I get multiple requests for the same item. But it definitely won't hurt to PM me and I'll keep a running list. If there is a day or two wait I would let you know.

Top Bottom