• ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    There was a sticky, people noticed, you didn't. :)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...there was no notification - not in the means of a sticky that anyone would notice...
    There was a sticky, people noticed,...
    The sticky was actually in Announcements, a forum everyone ought to follow. After all, that's where you find out if anything new is about to happen. For the regulars, I even mentioned it in the Post Whore thread as soon as it went up.

If there were a better way to keep people updated I'd appreciate it if someone would point it out to me.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    So, it was my first try of quoting part of a post. I highlighted the part I wanted in my response and it gave me "Quote" or "Reply" (not sure of the difference. I did "Quote". It did not copy the text into the edit box like it used to. I typed my response and the original did not show. This may have been reported already and maybe it's expected operation.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    So, it was my first try of quoting part of a post. I highlighted the part I wanted in my response and it gave me "Quote" or "Reply" (not sure of the difference. I did "Quote". It did not copy the text into the edit box like it used to. I typed my response and the original did not show. This may have been reported already and maybe it's expected operation.

Hit "quote".
    Then hit "insert quotes" below the post area.
    Then hit the red "quoted messages".
    I believe that is the sequence.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    The sticky was actually in Announcements, a forum everyone ought to follow. After all, that's where you find out if anything new is about to happen. For the regulars, I even mentioned it in the Post Whore thread as soon as it went up.

If there were a better way to keep people updated I'd appreciate it if someone would point it out to me.
    Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to calm down and stop using logic.

An announcement in the announcement forum. Sheesh. What nonsense.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Hit "quote".
    Then hit "insert quotes" below the post area.
    Then hit the red "quoted messages".
    I believe that is the sequence.

Now I hit the "quote" button at the lower right of your post. It gave me the option of using multiple quotes to use in reply to your post. and also "quoted" Baxter's post a well. It inserted both of your posts into my reply.

So it seems "quote" can be used if you want to use several posts, and the "reply" if you just want to use one to reply to.

Hope that's helpful to anyone.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    The sticky was actually in Announcements, a forum everyone ought to follow. After all, that's where you find out if anything new is about to happen.

Yes, but that's kinda like you're supposed to read the directions before you assemble something. I'm the kind that just looks at the picture on the box and gets started, or in case of TGT, check the watched threads then click on new posts and call it a day.

I was lucky enough to catch wind of the update so I knew things would be different soon. So far, just different. Not terrible, just different.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I'm contunuiously getting the following notification on the bottom of the screen:

Texas Gun Talk - The Premier Texas Gun Forum would like your permission to enable push notifications.

Hit the "X" and receive the following:

We strongly recommend enabling push notifications on this device so that you can be kept up-to-date with site activity.
    I am clicking on 'Never ask again' and well, here I am, about to click on it again.

Help?

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    One change that I noticed and wanted to say "thanks":
    On the earlier software, when you clicked "Watched Threads", it would present you with a list. If the one you were looking for was not on that first page, you had to click "Show all watched threads" to get to page 2. Now, it's like it's already there. No extra click!

Believe me, when you have marginal "broadband" service, saving a page transition is appreciated.
    Thanks, HughesNet, for your premium-priced crap service.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom