• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • APynckel

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Houston, Tx
    I don't suppose the ATF has allowed any kind of remote 4473 process so we don't have to go into stores, have they? Even if the applicant is known / has a LTC?
    Venture Surplus ad

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I don't suppose the ATF has allowed any kind of remote 4473 process so we don't have to go into stores, have they? Even if the applicant is known / has a LTC?

I'm a partner in a shop......I still have to do the full 4473 in person. Thanks to having a LTC, no background check is required - but averaging 3-5 guns/mo, filling the form out get old!

APynckel

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Houston, Tx
    I'm a partner in a shop......I still have to do the full 4473 in person. Thanks to having a LTC, no background check is required - but averaging 3-5 guns/mo, filling the form out get old!

Well that's my point, if no call in has to be done and the purchaser is known, why CAN'T the forms be done electronically and emailed (other than bullshit tyranny)? We are already efiling tax stamp applications...

*EDIT* ATF, NO I DO NOT INTEND TO DO THIS

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well that's my point, if no call in has to be done and the purchaser is known, why CAN'T the forms be done electronically and emailed (other than bullshit tyranny)? We are already efiling tax stamp applications...

*EDIT* ATF, NO I DO NOT INTEND TO DO THIS

As previously implied, when technology provides a faster, simpler, yet secure way of doing things, ATF will not be interested. They have, however, included the new "binary" option for gender.<yeah, they really did it>

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i think i was at cabelas or bass pro during the early obama years ($1000+dpms ars and lines out the door) and they had little computer cubicles where folks were doing their 4473s.
    at least i think thats what they were doing... i was there for fishing line.

i like the pen and paper personally.

Top Bottom