• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I said "first panic buy of 2020" because I expect at least one other before the election (of course, this one may just keep going). This is what I bought and received to date:

A Good Ammo Panic Buy With More Coming.jpg

I've got a case of Winchester Super 35 REM, 200 grain ammo and 500 rounds of CCI 22 Short and 250 rounds of Prvi Partizan 180 grain 44 REM MAG all still awaiting shipping. I love a good panic, it's an excuse to buy more ammo.

Attachments

• A Good Ammo Panic Buy With More Coming.jpg
      A Good Ammo Panic Buy With More Coming.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 1,176
    Last edited:

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    I did not NEED too either but I still bought some ammo. I figured on what I might need in the future and what I desired to have more of in stock since I have been rebuilding my inventory after a partial sell-off before my move to TX. As I said: "I love a good panic, it's an excuse to buy more ammo." Then again, why would I need an excuse now that I am separated! :banana:

Of course, it's nice not to need and while I did not need any in the regular sense of the word, I have been bitten by that bug that makes me want the need to acquire more guns & ammo almost constantly. Any way, I did my part to spur on the economy during this so called crisis.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I keep what I consider to be a reasonable supply, and I DON'T buy during a panic. I don't want to contribute to the problem, and I don't want to get gouged on price.

On that same note: I will NEVER buy from CTD - panic, no panic, cheap price, nothing. I've seen them screw people when other shortages occurred and I will not ever contribute to their profits. I remember companies that treat me right and I really remember those who don't.

When things get back to something close to normal, those of you who ended up short because you only buy one or two boxes of ammo at a time need to really take a hard look at the amount you shoot each year and try to have at least that amount saved up.

brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    Not a panic buy, since it was about a week before things got crazy, but I picked up a sig p365. Glad I did, too. NICS delays now and all of that. I'm plenty stocked on ammo in all calibers I keep. Mags too. Guess I don't need to panic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    All the ammo I bought was at Target Sport USA's regular price minus 8% for my Prime membership and came with free shipping; and at (and Walmart's regular price - got three boxes there). Now for those of you who did not buy anything now, have you thought ahead to just before the election and what ammo availability and prices will be like then if - by some totally out of the Twilight Zone unforeseen type circumstance - it appears as if the Dem nominee (Andrew Cuomo is my guess because it sure as hell will not be Biden or Sanders unless Cuomo is either's running mate) stands even a snowball's chance in hell against President Trump. Everyone saying no need now - see what you say if that happens and ammo completely disappears from the shelves and consider that the way the leftists reportedly have been buying lately it may not even come back for a while.

I had no need now but looked to the possibilities in the near future and bought what I thought I might need and what I wanted just because I am an ammo junkie and because I am a Cold War kid who knew - even if only this current panic - I'd not be able to keep replenishing my stock little by little - as I have been doing since August when I moved here - with the crazy prices and shortages now. But then, I saw the light and beat both the price increases and the shortages. I do not reload, so depend for now on what I can purchase and what I have in stock. Not doing too bad, I am back up to around 29-30K but not really near where was my inventory in NYistan.

I should add that in foreseeing the panic was about to hit, I also bought more stock in VSTO. I made quite a bit of money. Then a couple of days ago, withdrew all of my initial input and left my profit stocks in my account. So, I have recouped all my initial money used to fund my stock account and put it into the bank and still have a considerable amount of stock remaining, amounting to almost 19.45% of my initial investment. I have a big arsed frigging grin on my face as I am typing this - it ain't an awful lot but a 19.45% gain - with all my initial funds secured - wow! Makes me wish I had thrown 50 to 100K into it.

Yes sir and ma'am, I love a good panic buy as long as I am not the one panicking!!!

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    No need to panic buy anything. Was already fairly well stocked on necessary items before people went into full on stupid!

But, I do have plans on hopefully relieving some of the idiots that panic bought guns, then in six months to a year, decide to sell them. I only plan on paying cents on the dollar!

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    No need to panic buy anything. Was already fairly well stocked on necessary items before people went into full on stupid!

But, I do have plans on hopefully relieving some of the idiots that panic bought guns, then in six months to a year, decide to sell them. I only plan on paying cents on the dollar!
    If the panic continues, you could also sell some of the idiots ammo at a decent profit - that is if you have enough. It's just like the stock market. I am not saying to sell ammo at CTD prices, just a decent but not outrageous profit to the fools who are panic buying it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom