So, Now That There's A New Bexar County Sheriff...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Fuzz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    San Antonio
    Anything is better than her predecessor, the unintelligible, dimwitted Mr. Ortiz. She has only been with the department a short time and she has already accomplished more than Ortiz ever did. If she doesn't want to sign off on the form, it won't make me like her any less. I think she is just covering her ass on this one, and can not afford to make any mistakes, especially since she is a white republican in a city full of Hispanic Dems.

Capitol Armory ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Anything is better than her predecessor, the unintelligible, dimwitted Mr. Ortiz. She has only been with the department a short time and she has already accomplished more than Ortiz ever did. If she doesn't want to sign off on the form, it won't make me like her any less. I think she is just covering her ass on this one, and can not afford to make any mistakes, especially since she is a white republican in a city full of Hispanic Dems.

Sorry, whereas Ortiz wasn't much to be proud of, she's no better. It's sad that given the size of this county, we can't find a competent sheriff from either party. It wasn't Ortiz, and it sure as hell ain't Pamerleau. She's only in it for her own political agenda, she was far from qualified for the position. Hell, given that, she wasn't qualified to be a GO in the Air Force either!

What exactly has she accomplished since being sworn in? She let deputies were cowboy hats and got the Bexar County Pioneer Award for not doing a damn thing. As I said, the latter is comparable to Obama's Nobel Peace Prize, premature and undeserved.

As for her covering her ass, then that's a good indication that she's more worried about her image than the job she does; but that's no surprise.

So we're really no better off now than we were...

Last edited:

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    Sorry, whereas Ortiz wasn't much to be proud of, she's no better. It's sad that given the size of this county, we can't find a competent sheriff from either party. It wasn't Ortiz, and it sure as hell ain't Pamerleau. She's only in it for her own political agenda, she was far from qualified for the position. Hell, given that, she wasn't qualified to be a GO in the Air Force either!

What exactly has she accomplished since being sworn in? She let deputies were cowboy hats and got the Bexar County Pioneer Award for not doing a damn thing. As I said, the latter is comparable to Obama's Nobel Peace Prize, premature and undeserved.

As for her covering her ass, then that's a good indication that she's more worried about her image than the job she does; but that's no surprise.

So we're really no better off now than we were...

based off the username "The Fuzz" im gonna go with him actually working in the same building as her. Publicly, to anyone who doesnt wor at the Sheriffs Office, she hasnt done shit. But to people actually working in the building, shes done alot. Employees are finding her to be 11ty time better than Ortiz ever was.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I"m going to slightly disagree with the sentiment here. But (and you can correct me if I'm wrong) but wasn't the sheriff signoff something that came about during the 30's?

Where they didn't have the criminal data at their fingertips like they do now?

Wasn't the intent for the sheriff to vouch for Joe blow who wants a mocheen gun?

If that's the case, how can you expect her to vouch for some complete stranger wanting a class 3 weapon? Particularly, when there are other ways to acquire them without her putting her arse on the line?

If your word truly means something, I don't see how I could sign off on paperwork without ACTUALLY being able to vouch for someone.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    based off the username "The Fuzz" im gonna go with him actually working in the same building as her. Publicly, to anyone who doesnt wor at the Sheriffs Office, she hasnt done shit. But to people actually working in the building, shes done alot. Employees are finding her to be 11ty time better than Ortiz ever was.

I'm still interested in hearing the "inside" story as to what she's accomplished.

And I want to hear it from someone besides Pamerleau...

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I"m going to slightly disagree with the sentiment here. But (and you can correct me if I'm wrong) but wasn't the sheriff signoff something that came about during the 30's?

Where they didn't have the criminal data at their fingertips like they do now?

Wasn't the intent for the sheriff to vouch for Joe blow who wants a mocheen gun?

If that's the case, how can you expect her to vouch for some complete stranger wanting a class 3 weapon? Particularly, when there are other ways to acquire them without her putting her arse on the line?

If your word truly means something, I don't see how I could sign off on paperwork without ACTUALLY being able to vouch for someone.

No, the intent was to allow Sheriffs to keep "troublemakers" (translation: People whose skin was too dark) from owning these firearms.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Exactly. And if Johnny Law is worried about a free citizen exercising their rights under the U.S. Constitution, the asshole can always run a background check. They have the technology.

Mike, you are correct...the intent of the CLEO signoff was to make sure that only the "right" people got their stuff. The NFA was originally a handgun ban, after all, and was modified before being put forward into the MG/silencer crapfest it is today. The short barrel rifle/shotgun section is a holdover from the originally intended handgun ban. After all, you can't have the "wrong" folks being able to defend themselves!

This whore is a useless piece of shit, just like she was in the Air Force. Still better than Ortiz, but that is just replacing a double-decker shit sandwich with a shit sandwich. Bitch.

Alex

The Fuzz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    San Antonio
    Sorry, whereas Ortiz wasn't much to be proud of, she's no better. It's sad that given the size of this county, we can't find a competent sheriff from either party. It wasn't Ortiz, and it sure as hell ain't Pamerleau. She's only in it for her own political agenda, she was far from qualified for the position. Hell, given that, she wasn't qualified to be a GO in the Air Force either! What exactly has she accomplished since being sworn in? She let deputies were cowboy hats and got the Bexar County Pioneer Award for not doing a damn thing. As I said, the latter is comparable to Obama's Nobel Peace Prize, premature and undeserved. As for her covering her ass, then that's a good indication that she's more worried about her image than the job she does; but that's no surprise. So we're really no better off now than we were...
    Sorry I haven’t been able to reply sooner. To answer your question about her accomplishments, most of them have been visible within the agency. Since she has been in office, moral within the department has soared to a level I have never seen before. She sends out lengthy emails every month informing every deputy what is going on and what her plans for the department are. Small gestures like fixing the parking lot at the substation and relieving some of the stress at the jail means a lot to the employees. She has already built a good rapport with commissioner’s court, which is also something we really needed. As far as public safety goes, she has already started adding a lot more deputies to patrol and is making sure they all have updated equipment. I am sure we could have got better, but so far she is the best thing for the Sheriff’s office.
    RandomHero your deductive reasoning skills are very impressive, you should go work for the FBI. Lol
    This whore is a useless piece of shit, just like she was in the Air Force. Still better than Ortiz, but that is just replacing a double-decker shit sandwich with a shit sandwich. Bitch.
    HA!

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    So she is "taking care" of her employees while screwing over her constituents.

Useless grandstanding bitch. **** her, and the horse she rode in on.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Now, now, it's not the horse's fault!

But otherwise I agree. It's no different than her days in the USAF, where her greatest concern was her. Her inept personnel policies while "commander" of AFPC fucked thousands over, but she relished in the limelight. There is a lot of hatred towards her from the people she screwed over while promoting her own career.

Honestly, how she ever made GO while never serving in a hostile fire zone, how embarrassing!

She was equally ineffective at USAA, a job she only got because of her USAF rank. What she accomplished as a "senior vice president" is unknown to anyone, and she doesn't even offer any suggestions on what she did during her time there.

But I expect she'll do anything to promote herself, she has bigger aspirations (it wouldn't surprise me if she's gunning for Sheryl Sculley's job) despite not being qualified to be the city dog catcher, much less the county sheriff. Honestly, I've got more law enforcement experience than she does!

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Exactly. And if Johnny Law is worried about a free citizen exercising their rights under the U.S. Constitution, the asshole can always run a background check. They have the technology.

Mike, you are correct...the intent of the CLEO signoff was to make sure that only the "right" people got their stuff. The NFA was originally a handgun ban, after all, and was modified before being put forward into the MG/silencer crapfest it is today. The short barrel rifle/shotgun section is a holdover from the originally intended handgun ban. After all, you can't have the "wrong" folks being able to defend themselves!

Alex

So....you don't like her? Your posts are somewhat ambiguous.:p

Top Bottom