• ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Good lord.

Y'all know eBay owns Paypal right? I won't rehash the reasons eBay stopped allowing gun sales, and other items that have some sort or federal regulations, because that's too easy to find for yourself (look past the rumors and no-truths) but look at eBay.

Anyone ever heard of Bob Serva? Fusion? (ex-CEO of Dan Wesson) He sells a ton of parts on eBay. Yo can find a ton of of items that are not subject to any regulation on eBay. And you can pay with Paypal. I've done it many times. There are also several holster makers that ise eBay as a primary retail channel (can't say quality makers, but......) as well as a ton of folks just selling stuff.

I've never tried to break their policy in regards to restricted items, but then again, I have no reason to.

The only thing they are "anti" is legal action so they made a decision....a long long time ago.

Do you know they also prohibit the sale of breast milk? I'm sure that will jog some memories of this same topic from days gone by.

No, they go well past what's regulated. Well past. It's not a legal thing, it's an anti thing and it was done in response to Virginia Tech.
    Target Sports

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Ive bought several gun related items from ebay using paypal, i also used paypal to renew my tsra membership. I just bought that m9 military issued holster too. No problems on my end.

pheet17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Baytown, Texas
    Good for you. Next time when you complete your transaction be sure to put Gun Magazine or Hunting knife in the description line. I'm sure the seller will love you when they lock his account.

I just don't think the TSRA should be supporting them.

It was good for me and the person I bought the products from, Thanks!! As stated in earlier posts, Ebay owns paypal, and they run it how they see fit. If they choose to go above legal restrictions and restrict purchases on their site, they can. Just as you can choose not to use them. If you feel so strongly about it you could have not joined through paypal and just sent a check USPS. For Example, I don't agree with the gun laws in NYC or Chicago so I choose to live in Texas.

pheet17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Baytown, Texas
    No, they go well past what's regulated. Well past. It's not a legal thing, it's an anti thing and it was done in response to Virginia Tech.

In response to VT???? This was ebay's official response to the VT incident.

eBay Statement on Virginia Tech News Coverage

Last week's events at Virginia Tech shocked and deeply saddened the nation. eBay extends its condolences to the families of the victims and to everyone who has been touched by this horrible tragedy.
    During the past 24 hours some news outlets have erroneously reported that Mr. Seung-Hui Cho may have purchased on eBay ammunition used in his crimes. To be perfectly clear, guns and ammunition are not permitted on eBay. Mr. Cho did not purchase guns or ammunition on our site.
    We can confirm that Mr. Cho did buy and sell numerous items on eBay in recent months, including books and tickets to sporting events. In particular, Mr. Cho purchased empty ammunition clips and a gun holster. Empty ammunition clips and gun holsters are unregulated items that can be legally bought and sold on eBay as well as in retail stores across the US. However, we are saddened that Mr. Cho purchased on eBay any item that may be linked with his actions last week.
    eBay contacted law enforcement to offer its assistance in the investigation. We will continue to work closely with law enforcement officials investigating Mr. Cho's activities.

It appears to me they were not selling guns and ammo before VT. I pulled this directly from ebay's website.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    They weren't selling guns and ammo, no. But they clamped down on what was allowed. Straight from their "weapons" policy on firearms:

Restricted items are:

• Accessories and parts for guns such as butt plates, cases, cleaning supplies, dies, grips, holsters, molds, racks, pistol grips, scopes, slings, stocks, storage cases, or trigger guards. The listing must include a description of the type of firearm the accessory or part it is and what it's used for. If it doesn't, the listing may be removed.
    • Muzzle loader or black powder gun parts or accessories, as long as each item is offered in one listing at a time. (However, having separate listings for items that can be used to build a gun is prohibited.)
    Not allowed, there are some real "WTF" moments in this:

• En-bloc clips
    • Firearms regardless of their ability to fire, how old they are, or their status as collectibles
    • Firearm kits that are used to create a firearm
    • Flash suppressors
    • Gun parts, including:
      • Barrels
      • Bolts
      • Choke tubes
      • Cylinders
      • Firing pins
      • Frames, including grip frames
      • Hammers
      • Magazines—regardless of their capacity—or magazine extenders
      • Receivers, including parts, upper or lower, cut, or 80 percent receivers
      • Slides
      • Trigger assemblies
    • Pictures of any firearms in a listing, even if the firearm is just part of the picture
    • Pneumatic spear guns
    • Powerheads, stick guns, or their equivalents because they work like firearms
    • Sears
    • Silencers
    • Starter pistols or blank guns, regardless of their markings
    • Zip guns
    In fact... most of this is a big "WTF!?".

But yeah... Ebay is totally cool with selling gun stuff... :rolleyes:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I've seen PayPal in action on several fronts - including one in which a friend died and didn't have a record of his password. His wife couldn't access his account with about 1500 in it. She tried for 2 years to get SOMEone at PP to help her w/o success. She passed away 3 years after he did, and the $$$ are still in his old account. Oh - and several of us tried to intervene w/PP on her behalf w/o any luck as well.
    Beyond there - PP usually takes the side of the buyer - so if you have someone that loves a great deal, they order, get it, file a claim of some sort - and YOU have to screw w/defending yourself and proving your innocence.
    Having said that....PP is a convenience to many. Gunpal - not so much. I spent over two months trying to get set up w/them. Numerous emails back and forth w/o results. I finally gave up - it stinks, but when I spend months on something w/o getting anywhere, and no one will take the time to pick up a phone and CALL to get things figured out - they don't value my time very much. So - I don't LIKE PP, but Gunpal sucks golf balls IMO!!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Just curious ~ what's the problem with Gunpal?

Didja read my last paragraph??? 2 months trying HARD to get signed on with them, couldn't even get a phone number. I'd get emails, and the guy was trying to help - but they couldn't even read my emails it would seem ("....have him try xxx..." - Hell, the reason for the email was that I HAD tried it w/o results!).

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    People get torqued up over the goofiest things.

True enough, but if we let the small things go by without ever saying anything about them, then those in charge think that they can get the big things by.

86 Machinegun ban

89 Import ban

94 AWB

As far as TSRA using PAYPAL, I hate to use them.

texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    I use gun-broker a lot, I have to buy postal money orders for my purchases and thats a pain in the butt however, I think there would be an extra layer of protection if someone stole from me after a "postal money order " was involved. If anybody has any insight on that it would be appreciated, I just hope I never have to find out for real.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Really you bought gun pats on Ebay. Accordingly to their rules that is not allowed.

Allowed

Caliber conversion information or blueprints
    Magazine holders, speed loaders, stripper clips, or moon clips
    Manuals or instruction materials about firearms
    Non-pneumatic spear guns

Restricted

Accessories and parts for guns such as butt plates, cases, cleaning supplies, dies, grips, holsters, molds, racks, pistol grips, scopes, slings, stocks, storage cases, or trigger guards. The listing must include a description of the type of firearm the accessory or part it is and what it's used for. If it doesn't, the listing may be removed.
    Muzzle loader or black powder gun parts or accessories, as long as each item is offered in one listing at a time. (However, having separate listings for items that can be used to build a gun is prohibited.)

Not allowed

En-bloc clips
    Firearms regardless of their ability to fire, how old they are, or their status as collectibles
    Firearm kits that are used to create a firearm
    Flash suppressors
    Gun parts, including:
    Barrels
    Bolts
    Choke tubes
    Cylinders
    Firing pins
    Frames, including grip frames
    Hammers
    Magazines—regardless of their capacity—or magazine extenders
    Receivers, including parts, upper or lower, cut, or 80 percent receivers
    Slides
    Trigger assemblies
    Pictures of any firearms in a listing, even if the firearm is just part of the picture
    Pneumatic spear guns
    Powerheads, stick guns, or their equivalents because they work like firearms
    Sears
    Silencers
    Starter pistols or blank guns, regardless of their markings
    Zip guns

You may have gotten that info from their web site (E-Bay)...........but go to e-bay.com and in the search box type 1911............it will finish it for you with grips, holsters and from your restricted list...............hammers! Guess you can't believe everything you read!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Remember that eBay employs humans to monitor the listings, and rely in large part on folks "turning in" prohibitted listings - so it doesn't mean they'll get every one of 'em.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Having said that....PP is a convenience to many. Gunpal - not so much. I spent over two months trying to get set up w/them. Numerous emails back and forth w/o results. I finally gave up - it stinks, but when I spend months on something w/o getting anywhere, and no one will take the time to pick up a phone and CALL to get things figured out - they don't value my time very much. So - I don't LIKE PP, but Gunpal sucks golf balls IMO!!

They've just started up, so teething problems are going to happen IMO. If you need help, I have some contacts there that I can prod...

What do they mean by "restricted" vs. "not allowed." I have bought holsters on ebay.

"Restricted" means that you have to sell them a certain way, and/or only certain types.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I appreciate it, I REALLY do....but honestly, you should see the email string as I struggled to get signed on w/them. For example, did you know that there's a limitation on the length of your banks' name? Neither did I - and it took a month for 'em to figure THAT out! I fiddled with 'em another 3-4 weeks, trying to get things done - and finally simply threw up my hands in disgust. I provided 'em my CELL number time and again, asking them to call so we could figure out what I might be doing wrong (I do NOT pretend to be a 'puter genius, and generally figure that anything going wrong is my fault) - but they never opted to take that step. Honestly, I don't know how much harder I could've tried!

ldcarson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    I am surprised that more Gun sites and Gunrelated websites haven't moved over to GunPal.net? Surely TSRA has done this since the NRA has through auction arms....?

tumbleweed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    san antonio
    I am surprised that more Gun sites and Gunrelated websites haven't moved over to GunPal.net? Surely TSRA has done this since the NRA has through auction arms....?

Like anything else, it just takes XXX volume of people asking for it before the TSRA will consider it worth looking into to get going. They have to see it as a viable way to spend their precious time/money and ensure a return on the investment.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    If you go to Optics Planet and order a bcg and some upper stuff and you can use Paypal as an alternative method. It also buys some pretty nice toolboxes. Pay pal even has a six-month interest free option. You can hate on me all you want but I am keeping my account.

Top Bottom