• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Krink545

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    South Texas
    The things going on in Austin has Me really pissed off.I came to this site to read up with whats going on. The best thing I could think to do was join the TSRA.So I go to there site fill out the forum and am ready to pay. I click buy now. I kicks Me over to Paypals site wanting Me to pay though Paypal are you F%$#ing kidding me. If you even mention gun parts when paying through Paypay they will lock your account and any money in it for months. Rant OFF.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    The things going on in Austin has Me really pissed off.I came to this site to read up with whats going on. The best thing I could think to do was join the TSRA.So I go to there site fill out the forum and am ready to pay. I click buy now. I kicks Me over to Paypals site wanting Me to pay though Paypal are you F%$#ing kidding me. If you even mention gun parts when paying through Paypay they will lock your account and any money in it for months. Rant OFF.

I'm going to bite my tongue, and just leave it at this. You're dead wrong.

Don't listen to the internet rumor mongers and trolls; educate yourself. I've used Paypal for all kinds of firearm related items, including buying parts off eBay. It's not prohibited. Do you really think the TSRA would use Paypal for membership payment if there was a problem, or the goofy rumors were true?

Now go join. NRA also.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX

Don't listen to the internet rumor mongers and trolls; educate yourself. I've used Paypal for all kinds of firearm related items, including buying parts off eBay. It's not prohibited. Do you really think the TSRA would use Paypal for membership payment if there was a problem, or the goofy rumors were true?

Now go join. NRA also.
    Sure there are rumors but that doesn't mean that paypal doesn't suck. I refuse to have anything to do with them.

Um apparently they did process my TSRA payment though. Hm. I'll be mailing a check next time.

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    I have been a member of TSRA for nearly 10 years now. I first signed up with an application, mailed in a check. Now I get a notice a month or so before it expires.

Pay now with a check in the mail. They are very fast, in 3-4 days it is already back with my new card. Ain't the US Postal Service great?

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Sure there are rumors but that doesn't mean that paypal doesn't suck. I refuse to have anything to do with them.

Um apparently they did process my TSRA payment though. Hm. I'll be mailing a check next time.

You can have the opinion that they suck, that's fine and no one can take that away. But "suck" is subjective and empty. The issue the OP has is wrong which is not subjective, it's fact.

Krink545

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    South Texas

Now go join. NRA also.

Really you bought gun pats on Ebay. Accordingly to their rules that is not allowed.

Allowed

Caliber conversion information or blueprints
    Magazine holders, speed loaders, stripper clips, or moon clips
    Manuals or instruction materials about firearms
    Non-pneumatic spear guns

Restricted

Accessories and parts for guns such as butt plates, cases, cleaning supplies, dies, grips, holsters, molds, racks, pistol grips, scopes, slings, stocks, storage cases, or trigger guards. The listing must include a description of the type of firearm the accessory or part it is and what it's used for. If it doesn't, the listing may be removed.
    Muzzle loader or black powder gun parts or accessories, as long as each item is offered in one listing at a time. (However, having separate listings for items that can be used to build a gun is prohibited.)

Not allowed

En-bloc clips
    Firearms regardless of their ability to fire, how old they are, or their status as collectibles
    Firearm kits that are used to create a firearm
    Flash suppressors
    Gun parts, including:
    Barrels
    Bolts
    Choke tubes
    Cylinders
    Firing pins
    Frames, including grip frames
    Hammers
    Magazines—regardless of their capacity—or magazine extenders
    Receivers, including parts, upper or lower, cut, or 80 percent receivers
    Slides
    Trigger assemblies
    Pictures of any firearms in a listing, even if the firearm is just part of the picture
    Pneumatic spear guns
    Powerheads, stick guns, or their equivalents because they work like firearms
    Sears
    Silencers
    Starter pistols or blank guns, regardless of their markings
    Zip guns

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    You can have the opinion that they suck, that's fine and no one can take that away. But "suck" is subjective and empty. The issue the OP has is wrong which is not subjective, it's fact.
    Yeah. I'm sure I can come up with good objective reasons, but I'm feeling lazy so we'll just go with my opinion for now. :D

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    I was banned from PayPal for mentioning firearms:

You may transfer the funds directly to your bank account via online bank transfer or you may request a check from PayPal. Please let us know how you would like to receive the funds by logging in to your account.
    As a reminder, access to your account will remain limited until you perform the steps required to lift the limitation.

While access to your account is limited, you may:
    * place logos into your auction listings or on your website
    * update your account information
    * withdraw funds from your account

You may not:
    * send or request money
    * receive payments
    * add funds to your account
    * close your account

Thank you for using PayPal.

Sincerely,
    The PayPal Team

The PayPal User Agreement states that PayPal, at its sole discretion,
    reserves the right to close an account for any violation of the User
    Agreement, including the Acceptable Use Policy. Under the Acceptable Use
    Policy, PayPal may not be used to send or receive payments for any firearm,
    in addition to certain firearm parts and accessories, ammunition,
    destructive devices, militaria and ordnance, weapons, and knives. The
    complete Acceptable Use Policy addressing Firearms, Weapons, and Knives can
    be found at the following URL:

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...ide&ed=weapons

We are hereby notifying you that, after a recent review of your account
    activity, it has been determined that you are in violation of PayPal's
    Acceptable Use Policy. Therefore, your account has been closed.

We regret to inform you that we cannot overturn the limitation on your
    account. Due to the violation of PayPals Acceptable Use Policy regarding
    Firearms, Weapons, and Knives, your account has been closed. Please remove
    all references to PayPal from your website(s) and/or auction(s). This
    includes not only removing PayPal as a payment option, but also the PayPal
    logo and/or shopping cart.

Krink545

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    South Texas
    I've bought knives, magazines, and a stock off ebay. OH!!!!!! And I paid with PAyPAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you. Next time when you complete your transaction be sure to put Gun Magazine or Hunting knife in the description line. I'm sure the seller will love you when they lock his account.

I just don't think the TSRA should be supporting them.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Good lord.

Y'all know eBay owns Paypal right? I won't rehash the reasons eBay stopped allowing gun sales, and other items that have some sort or federal regulations, because that's too easy to find for yourself (look past the rumors and no-truths) but look at eBay.

Anyone ever heard of Bob Serva? Fusion? (ex-CEO of Dan Wesson) He sells a ton of parts on eBay. Yo can find a ton of of items that are not subject to any regulation on eBay. And you can pay with Paypal. I've done it many times. There are also several holster makers that ise eBay as a primary retail channel (can't say quality makers, but......) as well as a ton of folks just selling stuff.

I've never tried to break their policy in regards to restricted items, but then again, I have no reason to.

The only thing they are "anti" is legal action so they made a decision....a long long time ago.

Do you know they also prohibit the sale of breast milk? I'm sure that will jog some memories of this same topic from days gone by.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Good for you. Next time when you complete your transaction be sure to put Gun Magazine or Hunting knife in the description line. I'm sure the seller will love you when they lock his account.

I just don't think the TSRA should be supporting them.

I'm sure the TSRA appreciates your concern. :patriot: However, we could make a list a mile long with words and phrases that wold send up flags. We don't know what you bought or sold or how it got flagged but the fact is, Paypal is used for eBay and private sales as well as on-line retail transactions for firearm related items all day long and their policies aren't violated.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I've bought knives, magazines, and a stock off ebay. OH!!!!!! And I paid with PAyPAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That reminds me, one of the last things I bought from a retailer who also sells on eBay was a Knoxx Spec-Op adjustable stock set for my Mossberg. The auction even had a picture.

texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    I knew someone that used the toll roads all the time, he didn't even have a ez tag but, managed to go through that lane every time.
    They must not really have rules about having to pay, because he's been doing it without paying for several years now?

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I knew someone that used the toll roads all the time, he didn't even have a ez tag but, managed to go through that lane every time.
    They must not really have rules about having to pay, because he's been doing it without paying for several years now?

not sure how this relates. But HCTRA has issues collecting. The city of houston has thousands in bills and refuses to pay. I'd guess that an individual could do the same.

Top Bottom