• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Everybody knows it's getting to be snake time here, in North Texas. And oh(!)... don't forget the alligators too.

A few years back there were a 'gator or two spotted in McKinney's town lake. I think the Texas Parks & Wildlife decided they had moved on when they weren't spotted in subsequent years. (Unless they just moved back up into the Heard Wildlife Refuge acreage).
    Guns International

Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    There are some, alligators, in lake lewisville, lake worth and Grapevine lake.

Probably in many areas people rarely go. I'll bet the greenbelt north of Lewisville lake has a few since the south access has been closed many years now.

Shit, bigfoot has been seen there more than a couple times over the years.

Been around Lewisville lake several times recently but havnt seen any copperhead or cottonmouths yet but I'm sure they are out. Heard the frogs that cam out recently. When I walk at night there can be dozens in a small drainage wash I cut thru.

Last edited:

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    I’ve seen plenty of them when I lived in Florida and along the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Tough critters. A 12 footer almost got my dog one time, and we found a 6 footer sunning himself on our back porch another time. They love marshmallows. Not that I condone feeding wildlife or anything.

As far as snakes go, a water moccasin once got caught in my net in Mississippi while trying to scoop some bait. I put him and the net on the ground and had to dispatch him with an arrow. We opened him up and found a frog and a few little fish we used as chum and bait for catfishing.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Spent a lot of time working across the line around Lake Charles and New Orleans refineries. Story then about two cajuns going duck hunting in Sabine National Wildlife Refuge. They ran over a big 'gator with their Jon boat. He took exception to this, latched onto the boat and took a bite of aluminum, stalled the motor and I am told those two boys didn't even get wet getting to the bank.

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    We get copperheads and spiders.... haven't seen any gators at the lakes I frequently visit during the summer time, doesn't mean they aren't there though. Almost grabbed a copperhead last year, he was a baby and hiding among the fallen leaves.

Top Bottom