• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    I went to the gun show at Ft. Worth last weekend and quite a few vendors had a few boxes of various size and brand primers, the prices ranged from $100.00 to $225 per 1000. I bought all the $100 per primers the guy had. 2 boxes

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Hate to say this but you’re gonna have a bad time. The small supply of small pistol primers I could find has dried up.

I don’t expect we will see supply ease up until after ammo catches up. It’s gonna be a long while.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Ten ring here in Houston is only selling 100 primers per customer per day. Guy at the counter said they have a few of the same customers come by every day.
    I bought 100 magnum LRP today and didn't even ask what else they had.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

HCS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2020
    Llano, TX
    most of the small shops have already been hit, I have seen two small shops in remote areas completely closed with sign in window stating temporarily closed, no inventory

denit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2020
    USA
    i havent owned a shotgun for years, and never did reload for them, but i have HEARD that inside of a shotgun primer is a rifle primer? I've heard that it's a large rifle primer, and I dont own any guns that take a large primer, so I have not checked this. But you might want to carefully hacksaw one open, keeping things cool with a damp sponge and see if there's a primer inside of the shotgun primer that can be used for other things. If you'll run a want ad on facebook and craigslist, offering to pay 2-3x as much as normal, somebody will doubtless sell you some primers.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    i havent owned a shotgun for years, and never did reload for them, but i have HEARD that inside of a shotgun primer is a rifle primer? I've heard that it's a large rifle primer, and I dont own any guns that take a large primer, so I have not checked this. But you might want to carefully hacksaw one open, keeping things cool with a damp sponge and see if there's a primer inside of the shotgun primer that can be used for other things. If you'll run a want ad on facebook and craigslist, offering to pay 2-3x as much as normal, somebody will doubtless sell you some primers.
    Shotguns take 209 primers. Huge compared to small rifle and large rifle. Also seem to be abundant. I occasionally load shotgun.

denit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2020
    USA
    that does not mean that you can't cut them apart and look to see what is inside of them. read my post again.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    that does not mean that you can't cut them apart and look to see what is inside of them. read my post again.
    I believe they use 209 for blackpowder stuff. You serious about cutting the primer apart? I think they are built like other primers but a larger scale..

denit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2020
    USA
    I believe they use 209 for blackpowder stuff. You serious about cutting the primer apart? I think they are built like other primers but a larger scale..
    might be, but you can find out in 5 minutes, cost you a nickel.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    might be, but you can find out in 5 minutes, cost you a nickel.
    So you believe that you can transplant the larger anvil and primer chemicals into a smaller primer case? There may be some that are capable of that but their names begin with Winch, Remin, and Fed.

Top Bottom