• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Thinking about passing on having the barrel of my Savage Mk II threaded and explore using a slip on adapter for a suppressor. I know squat about these items but, on the surface, it looks like a good alternative to threading providing that alignment and stability with the set screw design works well.

This rifle is just for casual pest control and shooting on my plot, so a modest investment works for me.

Can anyone clue me in as to whether these are a waste of time, adequate, good, etc. If you recommend, can you also guve me a brand or two to consider?

Thanks.
    Guns International

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    That is my main concern but the slip on adapters seem to be popular which is why I asked

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    I have used them on Ruger pistols and on an AR-7 with adequate results. Make sure that you have at least 3, and preferably 4 set screws in the mounting. Check your alignment often.

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Bought one similar for my Marlin Model 60, didn't hold well at all. This may be due to the fact that the adapter had a slot in it to go around the front sight. If the adapter is solid all the way around, with set screws on four sides, it may hold better.

p230

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Get it threaded. While the chance of a problem with the slip on may be low it is much greater than if you have it threaded.

HoustonDave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2021
    Texas
    Would tend to think the set screws would damage the barrel finish? That being said - would seem easy to drill and tap more set screw holes around the adaptor. You aren't going to screw up the aesthetics.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom