• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    F55334AB-02A3-474F-900F-CF3A0EE0EFE9.jpeg

Got to thinking about this Friday. When I left the military in 1987 I took a job managing a large printing plant (all closed down now). The presses were large offset Hamilton printing presses that were marvels of engineering. Tolerances were measured in 1/1000’s of an inch. Right around that time electronic controls were being added to printing presses, making them much easier to operate and manage. It was truly a revolution in the industry. Cars and bikes had been undergoing a similar revolution for some time. Anyone who ever had to fight points or adjusting carburetors will know what I mean. This stuff has been almost universally good for the average person.

What got me thinking about the limits (or perhaps more correctly the reasonable limits) to technology was what happened Friday morning. I was meeting my neighbor for a motorcycle ride to meet some other friends for breakfast. Last year we bought a couple of new bikes, and each has electronic cruise control (wonderful) and Bluetooth. On one I can even display the navigation maps from my phones on the dash. I was out in the garage checking something on the bike and briefly turned the ignition on (but didn’t start the bike). My phone chimed and said “33 minutes to Hill Country Cafe”, which is our typical breakfast meet up place. I have to admire how well the phone figured out where I was going from a couple of clues (and how eager it was to help).

I figure the intermediate step will be the phone chiming to notify you that you’ve been issued a speeding ticket based on GPS data but full Skynet can’t be far behind.
    Guns International

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Let's see, someone you know is in urgent need of medical care and you decide that the risk of getting caught speeding is less morally problematic than going to get the antidote, or them on the back of the vehicle to the doctor?

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Let's see, someone you know is in urgent need of medical care and you decide that the risk of getting caught speeding is less morally problematic than going to get the antidote, or them on the back of the vehicle to the doctor?
    I'm sorry, you'll have to ask ChatGPT for the correct answer to that inquiry.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    We've already discussed the case where the Ford Lightning shut itself down when the driver tried to hop a curb to escape the folks shooting at him. All the driver could do was sit in the truck, helpless.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    We've already discussed the case where the Ford Lightning shut itself down when the driver tried to hop a curb to escape the folks shooting at him. All the driver could do was sit in the truck, helpless.

I must’ve missed that. Share a link when you’re done cleaning the mess?

Thanks.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Or my Mustang stopping in the middle of an intersection with a semi barrelling down on me because "safety", which libtards love to abuse heavily.

Top Bottom