• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmnloader

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2014
    DFW-Cisco, TX
    From what I was told at the gun shop, the Omega is a good can but the attachment to the barrel is it's weak point. The Sig can seats on a taper behind the threads. We are talking direct thread units. This can will only go on 2 rifles at this point and wont be swapped that much. Any thoughts on this?
    Capitol Armory ad

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Being a silencer co can owner I say try the sig. Report back. I have a hybrid46 but I'm not a fan of the asr system.

bmnloader

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2014
    DFW-Cisco, TX
    Thanks for the input guys. I'm going with the sig. I'll let you know how it works if I can remember by the time I get it! I'm still concerned with it mating to the pencil barrel on the Vanguard. Best case, I'll buy another gun!

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Best logic ever! Just buy another gun anyway...just in case it doesn't fit up to your liking.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I'm just not a person that needs a qd setup. Never had a problem. I'm interested too why they might suck. My dislike for the asr is just preference.

I'm a redneck who got his can to deal with pest. If I plan to use it, its already on said gun. I have no doubt getting that can on via asr is the fastest. Guess I'm just old school.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm just not a person that needs a qd setup. Never had a problem. I'm interested too why they might suck. My dislike for the asr is just preference.

I'm a redneck who got his can to deal with pest. If I plan to use it, its already on said gun. I have no doubt getting that can on via asr is the fastest. Guess I'm just old school.
    Viable... I do have a Harvester in jail. It will go on my yote gun and stay there indefinitely.

Dr_Nimslow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    I just dropped my completed form 4's off at the dealer today, for a SRD762-QD. I didn't go with the Ti can because I'm going to run it on a short .300blk. It's a pretty stout can, and the taper lok mount seems to work well, even on the QD version. Hoping my stamp is back in 8 months or less.

TexasEric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    Houston
    I just dropped my completed form 4's off at the dealer today, for a SRD762-QD. I didn't go with the Ti can because I'm going to run it on a short .300blk. It's a pretty stout can, and the taper lok mount seems to work well, even on the QD version. Hoping my stamp is back in 8 months or less.

It will. Both mine came in in about in about 7 months. I sure the times have fallen since then.
    Check out Silencer Shop, they keep track of the wait times on the site.

Top Bottom