• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikePotts

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    More to the point, which red dot might fit these slots & holes without a mounting plate?

20220607_203001_1 (2).jpg
    Military Camp

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    p320 optic slide cuts.jpg

I bought a plate for mine from https://chpws.com/product/sig-p320-...losun-holes-filler-plate-for-rmr-sro-holosun/ . The picture is from their site. The plate fills the gaps and has posts that help hold the optic.

If you use rmr/ holosun I would recommend verifying that the screw you use on the extractor side does not extend into the extractor channel. I had to trim the one that came with the plate I bought

Last edited:

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I'm scratching my head why the hell the Delta Point / Delta Point Pro footprint is used so much, when the RMR footprint is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more popular (between the Trijicon RMR and the Holosun 407C/507C/508T sights)

I don't get why more gun makers also don't cut their slides for a standard footprint (like the RMR) and use adapter plates for optics that don't fit that footprint. You could have a native footprint sight that gets direct mounted to the slide, while not leaving other optics cold by just making the plate lock into that footprint on the underside. The plate then gets to use the recoil lugs to help stabilize the plate, while having recoil lugs for the other sides on the topside.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I'm scratching my head why the hell the Delta Point / Delta Point Pro footprint is used so much, when the RMR footprint is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more popular (between the Trijicon RMR and the Holosun 407C/507C/508T sights)

I don't get why more gun makers also don't cut their slides for a standard footprint (like the RMR) and use adapter plates for optics that don't fit that footprint. You could have a native footprint sight that gets direct mounted to the slide, while not leaving other optics cold by just making the plate lock into that footprint on the underside. The plate then gets to use the recoil lugs to help stabilize the plate, while having recoil lugs for the other sides on the topside.
    The reason Sig uses the DPP footprint is because it’s the same as their Romeo 1 Pro footprint.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Yeah, but Sig isn't the only one doing that. There's a few high dollar 1911's the come optic ready that use the same footprint for some unknown reason.
    True, but if your have a high dollar 1911, you’re probably putting a high dollar DPP on it.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    True, but if your have a high dollar 1911, you’re probably putting a high dollar DPP on it.

I dunno, I still see more videos / social posts of RMR's on them, vs Delta Points. Leupold's track record of dumping their "tactical" optics and moving on to something else would make me not leap to throw their optic on. Hell, they don't even offer the "Delta Point" reticle the optic is named after anymore, just a round dot on their newer optics.

Trijicon, Holosun, and Aimpoint probably have the lions share of the market on pistol dots right now, maybe even in that order. Holosun has adopted Trijicon & Aimpoints footprints for their pistol optics.

dg47

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 7, 2022
    New Braunfels, tx
    I like the romeo one pro that came on mine. But I have holosuns on other guns that I like much better. Sage dynamics does some good torture tests on all the optics.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom