• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    >

Our Baby the Cop seems to have fallen in love with the SigSauer P365 for off-duty carry.

I bought his next birthday present during the week. Cops never have the extra cash, and I don't want to see him carrying only my KelTec P3AT .380 off-duty, but am not impressed by the Sig. Haven't tried to fire it yet. It remains in its box in my safe.

I wonder how many have these and how do they like the P365?

Please tell us here what you have found with your P365.

Merci,
    leVieux
    Lynx Defense

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    It has been my EDC for about a month now. It’s small enough to fit in the front pocket of my wranglers while holding 10+1 rounds of 9mm. It handles like a larger pistol as far as comfort and grip while shooting, and accuracy. I haven’t shot mine past 15 yards, but I have been very impressed with its accuracy so far.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Been carrying my P365 for over a year. Without a doubt the most comfortable carry weapon I have. Mine is one of the models that was manufactured in the "grey" time frame. Have not had a problem. Had my gunsmith inspect the striker at 500 rounds and was good to go.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    >

Our Baby the Cop seems to have fallen in love with the SigSauer P365 for off-duty carry.

I bought his next birthday present during the week. Cops never have the extra cash, and I don't want to see him carrying only my KelTec P3AT .380 off-duty, but am not impressed by the Sig. Haven't tried to fire it yet. It remains in its box in my safe.

I wonder how many have these and how do they like the P365?

Please tell us here what you have found with your P365.

Merci,
    leVieux
    My buddy from work has a 365 for his EDC. He loves it. I've shot a few hundred rounds through the 365. Personally I was really impressed. Extremely accurate for the size. My only complaint and concern is the striker drags on the primer pretty bad. That's a deal breaker for me. The XL seems to have fixed that, so if I go with a 365 for EDC personally, I would use the P365XL and not the P365.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    It’s a good choice. He seems to like it and that’s all that really matters.

I don’t want to read this wrong but do you have plans of using his birthday present before giving it to him? I.e giving him a used firearm? NIB would be better. It would be much cooler if he invited you out to shoot his brand new gun on his birthday vs you shooting it before hand and then giving him a used gun. Particularly if you don’t care for it.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It’s a good choice. He seems to like it and that’s all that really matters.

I don’t want to read this wrong but do you have plans of using his birthday present before giving it to him? I.e giving him a used firearm? NIB would be better. It would be much cooler if he invited you out to shoot his brand new gun on his birthday vs you shooting it before hand and then giving him a used gun. Particularly if you don’t care for it.
    >

Yes, I know.

I plan similar. Unfired.

BUT, when he got out of the USMC, where he had been an M.P., I ordered him a really nice Berretta Centurian for his "coming home" present, with several extra mags, nice leather, etc; then presented it to him as you describe.

He took the beautiful Centurian to work at the P.D. and traded it to another officer for an old worn GLOCK23.

So, this time, I'm gonna read him the RIOT ACT about not selling presents from Dad.

Even worse, I gave older son a nice Rolex for his LSU College graduation, he took it back and traded it on a Breitling.

I'm learning the hard way !

leVieux

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    >

Even worse, I gave older son a nice Rolex for his LSU College graduation, he took it back and traded it on a Breitling.

3dvomi.gif

Attachments

• 3dvomi.gif
      3dvomi.gif
      47.8 KB · Views: 470

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    >

Yes, I know.

I plan similar. Unfired.

BUT, when he got out of the USMC, where he had been an M.P., I ordered him a really nice Berretta Centurian for his "coming home" present, with several extra mags, nice leather, etc; then presented it to him as you describe.

He took the beautiful Centurian to work at the P.D. and traded it to another officer for an old worn GLOCK23.

So, this time, I'm gonna read him the RIOT ACT about not selling presents from Dad.

I'm learning the hard way !

leVieux
    You can adopt me. I won't trade away a Rolex or any guns.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I've got a P365 and a Glock 26 that I use in my EDC rotation. I really like the P365, it shoots very well for a small gun.

TJjerry

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2019
    Magnolia, tx
    Carried mine for over a year, one of best triggers I have had on a gun. (better than 2 of my Glocks) Carry with the 12 round mag. Noticed it does not get as dirty as some of my other guns with about the same ammo and shots.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    that’s so nice of you to gift your son the p365

hopefully he likes this unimpressive sig better than the keltec he is borrowing

AgedWarrior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2021
    Lamb County, TX
    Hmmm, old thread! But, just the same, I have been carrying my P365 for going on two years now. The gun has been flawless the whole time. Just shot 50 rounds through it again Friday. I don’t care for striker drag, but it is no worse than any other compact striker fired gun out today.
    Planning on a new recoil spring and maybe striker too since the round count is getting fairly high on mine. I have heard the newer strikers give less drag…

ronr68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Taylor
    I had a friend at work who loves it. I would like to shoot one before I throw money down. Sure don’t need another safe queen.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom