• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    @leVieux how did your son like his P365 present? He didn't go trade it for a Taurus G2 did he?
    No, that;s his off-duty most usual EDC.

I have a Taurus PT-145 Millennium Pro which I carry on some trips. I've never had any problem with any Taurus. Guess I just had good luck. It was EDC a while, but using the G19's now. I asked Son if I should get myself a P365 to carry, he said "No, stay with GLOCK".
    leVieux

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    That's a shame. I've been carrying mine for a couple of weeks now and love it. Previously I couldn't find anything to fit iwb so I pocket carried a bg380 everywhere. P365 has completely replaced it, and iwb at that.

AgedWarrior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2021
    Lamb County, TX
    I have the 356 and 365XL. Absolutely love them. I've fed different bullets in them and they performed flawlessly. The pistol shoots "soft", I've had .380s that had more recoil. I can't explain why, but I can shoot the 365 all day.
    That is an interesting observation, and I totally agree. The P365 is not a punishing gun to shoot; to the contrary, I find it quite pleasant which, of course, improves accuracy.

white_rhino

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Austin, TX
    I chose the p365 because of how compact it is and how I can easily carry 15+1. Mine came with 2 12+1 mags and one 10+1. Love it and I like that you can change up the grip modules. The trigger could use some improvement though.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's a shame. I've been carrying mine for a couple of weeks now and love it. Previously I couldn't find anything to fit iwb so I pocket carried a bg380 everywhere. P365 has completely replaced it, and iwb at that.
    We are older and suffer disabling arthritis,especially hands & wrists I can see that the day is coming when we'll have to carry revolvers again.
    leVieux

Last edited:

pbratton

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Sugar Land, Tx
    Regularly carry my FrankenSig. Still carry the 3" 1911 though as well...

Attachments

• 20210130_102236.jpg
      20210130_102236.jpg
      906.6 KB · Views: 88
    • 20210130_102247.jpg
      20210130_102247.jpg
      949.4 KB · Views: 82
    • 20210130_102320.jpg
      20210130_102320.jpg
      220.3 KB · Views: 83
    • 20210130_102336.jpg
      20210130_102336.jpg
      328.4 KB · Views: 86

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    That is an interesting observation, and I totally agree. The P365 is not a punishing gun to shoot; to the contrary, I find it quite pleasant which, of course, improves accuracy.
    Yup, same here. I have a couple of P365's and they shoot about with the same level of recoil as my Glock 19. I shoot it about as accurately as the Glock 19 too.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have nothing against the Sigs, I just love Sauers; but our issue is that we have several pieces which will run the regular G19 magazines, so we prefer this convenience and safety. I inquired whether to just buy several P365's, but decided not to. If our hands and wrists keep getting worse, we'll be on J-frames soon, anyway. Living in a much less dangerous area now, this won't be much of a problem. Although I grew-up on 1911's, I have long felt that if I had one chance, I'd want the Python. First shot accuracy is so important. leVieux

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I have nothing against the Sigs, I just love Sauers; but our issue is that we have several pieces which will run the regular G19 magazines, so we prefer this convenience and safety. I inquired whether to just buy several P365's, but decided not to. If our hands and wrists keep getting worse, we'll be on J-frames soon, anyway. Living in a much less dangerous area now, this won't be much of a problem. Although I grew-up on 1911's, I have long felt that if I had one chance, I'd want the Python. First shot accuracy is so important. leVieux
    I totally understand, and wheel guns are a lot of fun. A revolver in .45 LC is an absolute joy to shoot with it's easy recoil, and that old cartridge has a history of doing the job down range. When it comes to concealed carry, the semiautos have the advantage of both weight and dimensions. Some of them will leave your hand in pain after a couple of magazines. (e.g., the LCP) That's why I mentioned how "soft" the P365 shoots, even though it is a 9 mm.

AgedWarrior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2021
    Lamb County, TX
    Yessir - its like the P320 - the grip module is replaceable, as it uses a chassis sytem.
    Well hello! I just watched a short video on how that works…easy! I guess I just never paid it any mind until now. That’s easier than changing the striker even! After seeing this, I do remember looking at the fire control module and thinking that might be feasible way back when I bought the gun…never thought about it again until now! Thanks!

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    A P365 with changeable grip modules?
    Yes. The original 365 grip is shorter than the 365xl grip module. The original 10rd mag is flush. Xl 12rd mag is flush. You just change out the FCU from one grip to the other. I pocket carry the shorter 365 grip module. On the belt I change over to the longer xl module with a 12rd mag

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Well hello! I just watched a short video on how that works…easy! I guess I just never paid it any mind until now. That’s easier than changing the striker even! After seeing this, I do remember looking at the fire control module and thinking that might be feasible way back when I bought the gun…never thought about it again until now! Thanks!

Glad to help! If you like metal frames, there are a few aluminum frame modules for the 365 as well

Top Bottom