• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I'll +1 the remington failure to feed issues. Every bulk federal, Aguila, and Monarch has fed no problem. The P322 also gets packed into the range bag.
    ARJ Defense ad

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    The SR22 could definitely stand a new magazine design....as well as making the safety work in a logical way.
    I partially agree with a couple caveats.
    1. True, the safety needs to be reversed to a down = fire, up = safe but probably had to go the other way because of the decocker
    2. I'm all for increased capacity but not at the cost of less reliability/ease of loading that seems to plague newer designs.
    3. It'd be nice if they would include a way to mount a mrd from the factory.

Last edited:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I partially agree with a couple caveats.
    1. True, the safety needs to be reversed to a down = fire, up = safe but probably had to go the other way because of the decocker
    2. I'm all for increased capacity but not at the cost of less reliability/ease of loading that seems to plague newer designs.
    3. It'd be nice if they would include a way to mount a mrd from the factory.

1. Agreed. And Taurus figured out how to do a safety/decocker the right way back in the '90's. Ruger should be able to make that work.
    2. Again, Taurus figured that out already. Look at the new TX22 Compact.
    3. Agreed....even if its a mount that connects to the Pic rail on the front.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    1. Agreed. And Taurus figured out how to do a safety/decocker the right way back in the '90's. Ruger should be able to make that work.
    2. Again, Taurus figured that out already. Look at the new TX22 Compact.
    3. Agreed....even if its a mount that connects to the Pic rail on the front.
    You'll have to excuse my gun snobbery. Although I've been hearing encouraging things lately I tend to gloss over their products.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    You'll have to excuse my gun snobbery. Although I've been hearing encouraging things lately I tend to gloss over their products.
    Well, at least you admit your snobbery for what it is.... :)

I have quite a few Taurus pistols, including the TX22...
    Briefly, mine is flawless. I've had ONE failure to fire, and it was with some trash Federal ammo that I have owned for about 35-40 years, and it misfires in 22 rifles. It's crap.
    I've shot CCI standard velocity, MiniMags, Am Eagle, Fed Auto Match, Blazer, generic Rem stuff, Aguila, Winchester.... every type of ammo I own.
    I tried the CCI "Quiet" loads and they fired 100%, but about every 5th or 6th round, they would not fully cycle the slide.... just not enough power to cycle it all the way...

I'm a big Sig fan... my daily carry gun is a P938, and has been for 5 yrs or so... the only gun my wife likes is her Sig P238... so I'm not a "reverse snob"

If the Sig was proven to be dead reliable like the Taurus, I'd get one, even though I don't have a "need" for it... I like nice things.

But, those "nice things" need to work.... not almost work.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    So here's my experience with the P322:
    1. It is VERY picky about ammo. If you shoot CCI ammo, it will shoot all day and it's a very sweet pistol to shoot. With some other ammo, it works great, with others (esp. Remington), it doesn't like it at all. Jams or doesn't fire or will fire only after a couple of tries.
    2. It has been WIDELY reported that some of the early P322s have bad problems with lead building up in the barrel. I watched for that and did not have ANY such problems. The amount of material in the barrel is very much on par with any other .22s I've shot. Cleaning the barrel is literally a couple of passes with a brush and patches. From what I understand, Sig is replacing barrels on those that show problems. I'm really at a loss to understand how a .22 barrel can possibly be worse than another .22 barrel with respect to lead buildup. Too much diameter? Not enough? Rough finish? Weird problem and I'm thankful I didn't have it.
    3. Sights are mediocre at best. I replaced mine with a Holosun 507K and it became a super nice pistol to shoot.
    4. When you load the magazine, you pretty much MUST use the plastic loader that comes with the pistol (or some other loader). Doing it by hand will almost guarantee that you will get a jam. That's not just my advice, that's Sig's advice on YouTube. I've loaded hundreds of thousands of rounds (at least) over my life and thought I didn't need to follow that advice. Nope, you've gotta do it that way.
    5. Sig just came out with a 25 round magazine. I bought one. The plastic loader I just mentioned won't let you load the last 5 rounds. It's hard to get the last 5 rounds into it. The mag is nothing special, they just made it longer so it awkwardly sticks out of the end of the grip. SAVE YOUR MONEY and DO NOT buy the 25 round magazine.
    6. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it, but I have to say I've never babied a gun like this one before. Any ammo that won't work in here works great in my Ruger Mark III or Mark IV. Sadly, Ruger won't design those pistols with a larger magazine capacity. The P322 is a comfortable pistol to shoot and quite accurate, but if you're thinking of buying one be aware of the issues.
    I had the leading problem, however after about 500 rounds and a few cleaning cycles the problem has disappeared and not returned for the next 2K rounds. I have shot about 5 different brands of .22LR, mostly cheap bulk ammo, and have had no problems with jams or lite primer stikes. As far as the sight the Remeo 0 (updated version) on this gun has not given any issues to me. It appears to be every bit as accurate as my Ruger MKIV target firearm.
    You do need to take care in loading the mags but that should be a no-brainer considering they are not single stacked.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Well, at least you admit your snobbery for what it is.... :)

I have quite a few Taurus pistols, including the TX22...
    Briefly, mine is flawless. I've had ONE failure to fire, and it was with some trash Federal ammo that I have owned for about 35-40 years, and it misfires in 22 rifles. It's crap.
    I've shot CCI standard velocity, MiniMags, Am Eagle, Fed Auto Match, Blazer, generic Rem stuff, Aguila, Winchester.... every type of ammo I own.
    I tried the CCI "Quiet" loads and they fired 100%, but about every 5th or 6th round, they would not fully cycle the slide.... just not enough power to cycle it all the way...

I'm a big Sig fan... my daily carry gun is a P938, and has been for 5 yrs or so... the only gun my wife likes is her Sig P238... so I'm not a "reverse snob"

If the Sig was proven to be dead reliable like the Taurus, I'd get one, even though I don't have a "need" for it... I like nice things.

But, those "nice things" need to work.... not almost work.
    It's a light hearted snobbery. I can appreciate good design/functionality no matter the brand/price point.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    It's a light hearted snobbery. I can appreciate good design/functionality no matter the brand/price point.
    I figured as much.... I'm the same way. However, sometimes bad reputations are richly deserved. Taurus used to be in that category, and it's difficult to get past that sometimes.
    I used to be ok with Rossi firearms, but have recently been burned on three rifles.
    I won't consider buying another until their reputation improves, or if I can test fire it first. Most retailers don't want to let you do that.... :confused:
    You should give the TX 22 a shot (so to speak) Mine has been great, and most of the reviews I've read seem to point that way, as well.
    Mine is still relatively new, shot count wise... I've probably run no more that 400-500 rounds through it.
    I was disappointed to read of the problems folks have been having with the Sig... perhaps Sig will correct those issues in the near future.

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Check out this guys experience with his P322 and Sig customer service:

I bought a Taurus TX 22 for inexpensive practice with a pistol about the size of a compact 9mm. Original barrel on it was keyholing, but Taurus customer service was outstanding. Called, they immediately emailed me a return label. From the time I sent it in to it returning to my hot little hands was about a week!

All manufacturers will have problems, how they take care of the customer is the difference.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    ... Taurus customer service was outstanding.....

That is the first time I have ever seen those words together in a sentence. Hopefully it means that Taurus has changed it's ways. For a long time, their customer service ranked at or close to the bottom of the list for gun manufacturers.

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Yeah, I read those bad past customer reviews and avoided Taurus for that reason. And reading about problems with their products, highly likely you might need CS.

But reviews on their newer stuff and CS seemed better, so I took a chance and bought a G2C which was good from the get go. Next was the TX 22, and when it keyholed I thought "here we go".

But wow, when I got it back so soon I was shocked. And it's been perfect since, fun pistol at the range. One of my shooting buddies liked it so much he got one too and his was good out of the box. Only small thing I didn't like was the difficulty pulling down mag loading buttons. But I saw a review for a TX 22 speed loader and ordered a 2 pack for me and my buddy. Makes it easy to load the mags.

I just got my 3rd Taurus, a G3. Been good so far on 2 range trips, I'm considering a GX4 now. Oy!

sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    `I bought some new fresh Aguila 40gr plated ammo and ran about 300 roends through it and didn't have near the failure to feed issues I had with the old thunderbolt ammo I used the first time. I picked up a Holosun X2 red dot for it.

Top Bottom