• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I have put 380 rounds of various brands of ammo through my new Sig P322 and I noticed today that the barrel was leading up pretty bad.

Before I fired it I ran a patch through the barrel and the barrel appeared to be very smooth and shiny. I paid particular attention to the barrel because of my recent nightmare with a Taurus TX22.

Is anyone here having this problem?
    Texas SOT

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Maybe the quality of 22 ammo was always bad and I never noticed it, but it seems to me like the quality of the 22 ammo I've shot in the last few years was pretty bad. I've had several rounds not fire and when I pulled the bullets, there was no primer in the base. (It flaked off.) I've had a few jam in my Mark IV, which is very tolerant of different bullets, and when I looked at the bullet, it was way off center and too wide.

mogobodo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2022
    Dallas
    I have put 380 rounds of various brands of ammo through my new Sig P322 and I noticed today that the barrel was leading up pretty bad.

Before I fired it I ran a patch through the barrel and the barrel appeared to be very smooth and shiny. I paid particular attention to the barrel because of my recent nightmare with a Taurus TX22.

Is anyone here having this problem?
    Any word on Sig making it right? And if I may ask what happened with your TX22? Was looking to buy one or the other, but I trust social media influencers as much as I trust used car salesmen.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Any word on Sig making it right? And if I may ask what happened with your TX22? Was looking to buy one or the other, but I trust social media influencers as much as I trust used car salesmen.

I used a brush and CLP to clean the lead out of the barrel on my P322 and I haven't had a leading problem since. I have put 440 rounds through it since cleaning the lead out of the barrel.

After replacing the barrel on the TX22 I sold it.

mogobodo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2022
    Dallas
    I used a brush and CLP to clean the lead out of the barrel on my P322 and I haven't had a leading problem since. I have put 440 rounds through it since cleaning the lead out of the barrel.

After replacing the barrel on the TX22 I sold it.
    I see, I read about excessive lead fouling on the P322 and it made me reluctant to buy one. Was barrel fowling the problem on the tx22?

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I have not experienced any excessive lead deposits in my P322, but there are a ton of complaints on YouTube and some of them seem to have very real issues. Allegedly, Sig is replacing barrels when there's a problem, but I still can't figure out why one barrel would have a problem versus another. The only possibility I can envision is a difference in the barrel inside diameter.

mogobodo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2022
    Dallas
    I have not experienced any excessive lead deposits in my P322, but there are a ton of complaints on YouTube and some of them seem to have very real issues. Allegedly, Sig is replacing barrels when there's a problem, but I still can't figure out why one barrel would have a problem versus another. The only possibility I can envision is a difference in the barrel inside diameter.
    I've read that too, I've also read a few hypotheses about machining problems as they used multiple machines leaving the barrels coarsely finished. I'm no metallurgist or machinist so all of that is above my head. I just hope it isn't the next impulse buy I regret...

Top Bottom