• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Ive got a Benelli Nova that I sawed off to 19". It is spray painted FDE.

I am going to pack it up in a PVC tube with some cosmoline, grease, some slilca gel, a ton of ammo, some canned oysters, and some 12ga flares. Im gonna stash it away to potentially bury it if the political environment turns south of where it is now. I cant have them banning my canned oysters.
    Hurley's Gold

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I'd say saiga 12 but i've head that keeping the shells in the mag for too long may crumple them from the excess pressure from the springs. At least thats what Nutnfancy says he heard

Now if that's true, i'd want to keep loaded mags near me at all times during a SHTF scenario, so i'm not too sure about that. Maybe a circular drum mag will help.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    RemingtonM11.jpg

how about a whippet style auto-5 12ga filled with those mini shells, then you have capacity, compact size, less recoil, and the added sex appeal such a gun gives you, which is necessary for any post apocalyptic scenario. adjustable recoil spring allows a diversity of loads to be fired with reliability and no gas system to foul.

Mini shells cause feeding issues (some modification might be required) and I doubt they've got enough recoil to cycle an A-5. I'm also very doubtful of their effectiveness for stopping a fight.

Txpitdog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Htown
    The thing I don't like about Saiga's is that to have any significant capacity, the mag sticks way out the bottom, which really makes it a more bulky weapon. If you're prone, that 20rd drum or 10rds mag is going to make it very difficult to fire. A pump or traditional semiauto is a more streamlined design, and for the ranges that a shotgun is typically used at, being able to shoot from and maneuver around cover would be easier with the pump than the bulky Saiga.

Of course, your mall experience may vary ;)

...on Earth, as it is in Texas

prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    Rem 870 dressed to the nines. Effective? Dunno, send some zombies over here and Ill report back later! ;)

"When SHTF, If A has bullets but no food, and B has food but no bullets, then A has food."

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    SHTF might be an extended thing, so who knows how long you'll have to keep what you have running.

I'm thinking any old pump action, and then figure out what parts are likely to break and keep those on hand. Some of the semi-auto designs are very rugged too and only slightly more complicated than the pump actions. Along with spare parts, keep a handful of o-rings to keep the gas system in tip-top shape.

Me though, I think I'm better suited with a rifle in my hands than anything else. There would still be times a shotgun would be useful, but I'd maybe spring for a cheap single shot shotgun. It would be easy to cut it down to a very short barrel if I had to. I'm thinking the trigger mechanism is very simple and could be fixed with some scrap metal, a file, a hammer and an afternoon. I don't have to worry about things like short stroking or timing of the cartridge stops. It does have a slow rate of fire, but if I was in a shootout I'd consider myself crazy for grabbing any shotgun over an AR.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Ive got a Benelli Nova that I sawed off to 19". It is spray painted FDE.

I am going to pack it up in a PVC tube with some cosmoline, grease, some slilca gel, a ton of ammo, some canned oysters, and some 12ga flares. Im gonna stash it away to potentially bury it if the political environment turns south of where it is now. I cant have them banning my canned oysters.

Just be damn sure the oyster juice doesn't leak and stink up your Benelli (oyster juice would probably EAT the cosmoline). It would be real hard to sholder if it had been sittin' in oyster juice for a year or two!!

American ME!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    North Texas
    Personally, I like my shotties to be as short as legally possible...

IMG_2219.jpg

That's a Mossberg 500 Persuader in 12 gauge, loaded with 4" 00-buckshot magnum rounds and with a SureFire 6P light with a 120-lumen bulb in it, and a red laser attached. It fills the niche between a pistol and a rifle.

Cheers! M2

How about a Remington1100 like mine?

Attachments

• remington1100 w ncstar taclight lasersight and balckhawk storm sling.jpg
      remington1100 w ncstar taclight lasersight and balckhawk storm sling.jpg
      15.4 KB · Views: 137

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    RemingtonM11.jpg

how about a whippet style auto-5 12ga filled with those mini shells, then you have capacity, compact size, less recoil, and the added sex appeal such a gun gives you, which is necessary for any post apocalyptic scenario. adjustable recoil spring allows a diversity of loads to be fired with reliability and no gas system to foul.

seems liek i saw that gun recently on texasguntrader....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    Austin, Tx
    Pumps need a lot (and I mean a lot) of practice so you won't short-stroke when adrenaline kicks you in the tail.

True, but also at the same time, that's why you practice, and plus, I can't speak for anyone else but I personally shoot better when my adrenaline's pumping.

And, the AA12 is quite beastly.
    Personally, Remington 870 is my fav. Always been dead on reliable

suhsjake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    I am currently working on getting my Remington 870 Tactical up to SHTF standards. It orginally came with the Knoxx collapsible recoil reducing stock, but I have learned that I do not like the pistol grips on shotguns, so instead I went with the Speedfeed Youth Stock (13" LOP). Also has the Remington +2 magazine tube extension.

I have in the mail a butt stuck shell carrier/sling adapter and 2pt adjustable sling from Specter Gear. Also upgraded the follower to an S&J Hardware and the spring to after market heavy duty. Also have a GG&G front sling plate installed, a rock solid piece of equipment.

After watching the Magpul Art of the Shotgun, the instructors were partial to the Detachable Shell Carrier (Vang Com and S&J Hardware) over fixed carriers like Mesa and TacStar.

To Do-
    Prep, primer, paint, and coat stock and forend (OD Finish with clear matte coat)

Buy -
    S&J Hardware Oversized Safety
    S&J Hardware DSC (OD 6 Loops)
    Mesa Receiver Picitinny Rail
    Primary Arms Reflex Sight

Might buy -
    Meprolight Tritium Bead

In the Future -
    ERGO Grip Tri Rail Forend
    SureStop Hand Stop
    Tac Light and Mount
    S&J Hardware Bayonet Lug
    Metal Heat Shield

poolingmyignorance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    houston
    I defenately go with a Saiga 12, and my wife has the Saiga 410.
    In response to how fast can you swap a mag in saiga? ALOT FASTER THAN YOU CAN LOAD A TUBE!
    Besides, how offten do you need to swap a 20rnd drum, or 15rnd mag?
    And the Saigas can be incredibly reliable, the main problem people have with them is the low brass winchester, or federal bulk loads. Put some 00, or slugs in, and your GTG!

Attachments

• 024.jpg
      024.jpg
      65.5 KB · Views: 136
    • 2011-05-28 12.42.20.jpg
      2011-05-28 12.42.20.jpg
      6.9 KB · Views: 146
    Top Bottom