• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    That's one thing I do NOT miss about Houston, and one of the advantages of west texas: Humidity and rot just about doesn't exist here... of course, dry rot does, as well as heat stroke, so there's that...
    Venture Surplus ad

rmantoo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Underside of plate with a press mounted. Left and next pic is right side bolts... You can see I set the mounting plate about 1/2" too far back and had to relieve some more wood for these bolts.
    IMG_1185.JPG IMG_1186.JPG

This is the set screw that you can adjust tension on the tongue

IMG_1188 2.JPG

Here's some pics of another press on it's plate and the storage system. 1st pic actually has a spare mounting bracket just sitting on top. Keep forgetting to pick up another little packet of bolts and nuts to mount it.
    IMG_1189.JPG IMG_1190.JPG IMG_1191.JPG IMG_1192.JPG

My bottom line is that if I won the $100M lottery, I'd have about a 40x 60 room and have all of my Mark 7 Revos and Evos in their own space, and a few of the $800 german single stages set up in their own places, too.... but short of that, as long as I'm living in reality, the inline fabrication quick mounts and plates are, for me, the perfect way to maximize my small reloading room.

Attachments

• IMG_1185.JPG
      IMG_1185.JPG
      1 MB · Views: 468
    • IMG_1186.JPG
      IMG_1186.JPG
      1.1 MB · Views: 504
    • IMG_1188 2.JPG
      IMG_1188 2.JPG
      1.1 MB · Views: 478
    • IMG_1189.JPG
      IMG_1189.JPG
      1.3 MB · Views: 482
    • IMG_1190.JPG
      IMG_1190.JPG
      982 KB · Views: 457
    • IMG_1191.JPG
      IMG_1191.JPG
      1.3 MB · Views: 457
    • IMG_1192.JPG
      IMG_1192.JPG
      1.4 MB · Views: 429

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Dang rman, you’re right behind UR in the cool stuff competition!

What is the purpose of adjusting the “tongue screw” if you don’t mind me asking?

rmantoo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Dang rman, you’re right behind UR in the cool stuff competition!

What is the purpose of adjusting the “tongue screw” if you don’t mind me asking?

Thanks, but I've never been one of the cool kids: Wouldn't know how to act, and my wife might lock me out!!

Lets you put a tension on the tongue if it's loose or bent. So far, I haven't actually tightened it, as stock they are bent about perfect- but I could maybe see it being useful if one day I really gorilla'ed on a press and somehow bent the tongue.Lets you put a tension on the tongue if it's loose or bent. So far, I haven't actually tightened it, as stock they are bent about perfect- but I could maybe see it being useful if one day I really gorilla'ed on a press and somehow bent the tongue.

Rocky Carey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2017
    Lubbock
    Thanks for pics looks interesting. All my presses have own area but when I’m working on a gun be nice have little more room. Just wanted to see it thanks may go that way. Is it stout don’t like give in my press. Don’t have any now.
    Thanks
    Rocky

rmantoo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Is it stout don’t like give in my press. Don’t have any now.
    Thanks
    Rocky

It's about as stout as the table it's mounted to... So far, I've yet to ever notice any flex. Worst thing I do is run all my .40 through a push through sizing die, and it doesn't seem to flex for that.

You're in Lubbock. If you ever end up driving through San Angelo, holler at me and you can come check it out.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Lets you put a tension on the tongue if it's loose or bent. So far, I haven't actually tightened it, as stock they are bent about perfect- but I could maybe see it being useful if one day I really gorilla'ed on a press and somehow bent the tongue.Lets you put a tension on the tongue if it's loose or bent. So far, I haven't actually tightened it, as stock they are bent about perfect- but I could maybe see it being useful if one day I really gorilla'ed on a press and somehow bent the tongue.

You can say that again.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Bumping this old thread for new ideas.

I have a vice and some reloading equipment with nowhere to put it. Sooner than later I will epoxy my garage floor and then build a bench.

Show me what works for you. Within reason, what do you wish you had? What do you think you couldn’t live without? What did you learn from your mistakes?

Thanks!

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Bumping this old thread for new ideas.

I have a vice and some reloading equipment with nowhere to put it. Sooner than later I will epoxy my garage floor and then build a bench.

Show me what works for you. Within reason, what do you wish you had? What do you think you couldn’t live without? What did you learn from your mistakes?

Thanks!

What you appear to be missing is AC. Now matter how awesome your setup is, if it’s 120 in your garage you won’t be doing any reloading.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    My room is too trashed to take any useful pictures but the best thing I did was to mount all my equipment on chunks of 2x and use clamps to mount them to the bench or on a shelf to put them away.

This allows a smaller actual bench as everything is mobile plus the bench is clear if you want to work on other projects.

If you are loading in your garage try to find a closet inside the house to store your equipment. This will greatly help fighting rust which will be a constant battle.

There are commercial track systems available for the same purpose if you prefer that route. I'm not that fancy.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    fa6fd93e5748edfac33d6a19e9448b68.jpg

I just got started with reloaded about a yr or so ago.
    Im using a single stage RCBS and currently do 39/357 40 45 and 45LC.
    Havent gone to long guns yet.

The table is hooked to the wall on the studs with some 8in shelf brackets. The press is bolted through the table.

Solid and in where AC/Heat are.

Have to turn off ceiling fan however when scale comes out.

I can see I got a long way to go to get where some of y’all are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Top Bottom