• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    As soon as politics were introduced to sports, I stopped following.

For me, I stopped even before politics entered the fray.

After being a fan during the late 70s and throughout the 80s, I gave up the NFL when it became apparent that it was the National Felon's League. Gave up MLB after the strike. Stopped watching the NBA after Jordan left because the league became a bunch of spoiled crybabies playing in a dummied down game. Politics in sports became just another nail in the coffin. The Olympics is just another sports entity that has gone to shit.

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Especially now that we’ve got The Boy…if I’m spending an entire Sunday watching people on TV who hate America chase a ball around, I’m doing something wrong.

I’d rather read him a story.

144067a981146521b4044b073153b50d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You've got the GOOD duty~ spoil him rotten!!!

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Japan has another crisis with COVID-19, probably won't allow spectators. I don't see supporting anyone who represents the country and disrespecting the National Anthem. Let them represent their other country that they love!

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    This is Texas GUN Talk. Isn't there anyone here who will watch the shooting sports at the Olympics? At least?

Nope
    Wont be partaking of any olympics. Pretty sure you wont see any of those events requiring something as evil and non pc as firearms televised anyway.

As for athletes and US team
    If you go represent yourself and your country dont make it a platform to “make a statement”.

Go be a proud AMERICAN or stay the fauck HOME and be the POS you are all the time NOT just when its an opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    A shooter (gal) won the first gold medal at the last summer olympics.

All she got was ridicule from the left in pretty much every social media outlet, and very little mainstream press.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    There's a lot of history bound up in that. Traditionally, the first medal at every Summer Games is for shooting. But that's a discussion for another day.
    I can't recall that they have ever televised any of the Olympic shooting sports.
    When the events get closer, I'll start a "How to Watch Olympic Shooting" thread.

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014

All she got was ridicule from the left in pretty much every social media outlet, and very little mainstream press.

Yeah, that loyalty should go both ways...funny how politics ruin everything in this country these days...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    When the events get closer, I'll start a "How to Watch Olympic Shooting" thread.
    As promised:

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    What kills me is the fact these athletes receive a "lot" of money from companies and contributors, then they turn around and criticize the very country that gave them the opportunity to be there in the first place. America's Women's Olympic Soccer team is another example. The girl with the loudest mouth makes a few hundred thousand a year in benefits. She flies first class everywhere she goes and she gets a lot of other benefits. Oh me, I guess I need to get back to my routine job and just feel sorry for her in quiet.

Top Bottom