• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Since this Covid crap started there AND the Chinese Government actively attempted to cover it up should they pay?

Let's start with canceling our debt that China owes. Then let's place 100% tariffs on EVERYTHING coming out of China. Then let's put a tax penalty against US companies that do business with China, this would include having products made there.
    Lynx Defense

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Yes, they should pay. But maybe in a slightly different way than proposed here.
    We should bring back our manufacturing, especially of critical goods like pharma, tech, med products, ag, well, the list goes forever. Let's bring it ALL back. After all, it was good when we became a net exporter of oil and were no longer dependent on the ME countries and OPEC. We need to stay strong domestically and be prepared for future epidemics.
    Along with that, we should cut down our dependence on China goods. Remember Huawei? There is an extra price to pay when we "buy cheap" from over there.
    That'd be my suggestion.

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    Along with that, we should cut down our dependence on China goods.
    Starting with pharmaceuticals, medical supplies/equipment, and food. My understanding is there's a move to ship livestock to China for processing, packaging, and reshipment to us consumers.
    And I've always worried about the Government buying COTS (commercial, off-the-shelf) computers and electronics from China for obvious security reasons.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    And is some bug starts in the US and spreads to other countries, should the US pay those countries?

I don't think we should support a communist country and we should not be buying goods from a communist country.

But if we starting suing every country that is the source of some new bug...

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Starting with pharmaceuticals, medical supplies/equipment, and food. My understanding is there's a move to ship livestock to China for processing, packaging, and reshipment to us consumers.
    And I've always worried about the Government buying COTS (commercial, off-the-shelf) computers and electronics from China for obvious security reasons.
    The US won't be shipping livestock to China for it to be processed and returned. Way too expensive.

I don't like the government or US companies buying Chinese crap. And that is exactly what they produce.

US consumers need to get used to paying a little more for better quality and to avoid supporting a communist dictatorship.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    We should never have begin trade with China, it destroyed our manufacturing base and put us in a situation where we could not support our troops if a large war broke out. Clearly China is not a friend. Slave labor has great draw for greedy companies, stop it now.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Since this Covid crap started there AND the Chinese Government actively attempted to cover it up should they pay?

Let's start with canceling our debt that China owes. Then let's place 100% tariffs on EVERYTHING coming out of China. Then let's put a tax penalty against US companies that do business with China, this would include having products made there.
    I’ve been saying we have to seize all property and companies owned by them in the US

Because F them..that why

Last edited:

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX

Strategic? We buy almost all our steel from China; in the event of a conflict with the PRC, how would be build strategic armaments? We are so in deep with them that our beloved leaders should set up a council to determine which items and in what priority we should work on getting out of bed with the red. NOW. I heard that 90 percent of our meds and med supplies come from the PRC. What leverage in the event of hostilities and the way the PRC has been building up their military and flexing their muscles, it may be sooner than later especially if we have a Commander In Chief who would stand up to aggression from the PRC.

Top Bottom