SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Shared from https://www.facebook.com/TexasGunTrust www.TexasGuntrust.com @ Shot Show 2015: This is the new Speer Gold Dot Duty Rifle 75gr round. The average velocity from the test barrel was 2750. This is a barrier blind projectile.

So, what is special about this round? Most of the heavier projectiles tha tI am familiar with are fragmenting projectiles and not expanding projectiles. Examples include the Sierra Match King 77gr SMk and the Hornady TAP 75gr T1 and T2.

This 75Gr fusion projectile is an expanding projectile and should expand at lower velocities that the fragmenting projectiles will fragment at. The rounds are in production and should be on shelves shortly.

I met one of the engineers that originally came up with the concept for the Gold Dot/Fusion projectile design. He was gracious to spend time explain how the projectile is manufactured, the concept behind the projectile and how it works. The engineer stated that this round expanded very well at lower velocities but could not remember the exact lower limits of expansion. Of course, he did a great job of explaining the technical details to this lawyer who is most certainly NOT an engineer. We did not talk about its barrier performance. I am planning on purchasing some of this round to see how it performs on hogs. I expect it to perform as advertised and be a leader in its class.

2015-2-8  75gr.jpg

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Texas NFA Gun Trust @ Shot Show 2015: This is Gemtech's newest FlagShip Suppressor. Shared from https://www.facebook.com/TexasGunTrust www.TexasGuntrust.com @ Shot Show 2015: The new GemTech "The One" suppressor. This is Gemtech's newest Flagship Suppressors. The name makes me think of the"Lord of the Rings" and the I've ring to rule them . . . . But I digress. This is a16oz Titanium 30 caliber can with a swappable mount that can be used on and caliber from a 24" 300win Mag down to 222 rem or whatever. Factory warranted to a 7.5" 5.56mm full auto and a 12.5" 7.62x51mm. The mount system is swappable between the venerable bi-lock and a thread mount.
    •Caliber Rated: 300WM (24" or longer barrel), 7.62, .308, 5.56 (7.5" or longer), and others
    •Sound Reduction: 32 dB
    •Length: 7.5"
    •Diameter: 1.625" with shroud
    •Weight: 16.3oz
    •Material: Titanium and Inconel
    •Finish: High-Temp Black Cerakote
    •Mount: Interchangeable Quick Mount & thread mount

Top Bottom