Hurley's Gold

ShootSmart Range Report - 14 May 2011 - Two Thumbs Up!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I finally got over to the Shoot Smart range in north Fort Worth this weekend and thought I'd leave some feedback for others contemplating heading that way.

The facility: Nice, clean, well ventilated, relaxing, great retrieval system, nice rental equipment, and a private lane you can rent as well. There's a nice lounge area where you can chill out or watch the action, and if you need extra ammo it was very fairly priced.

The staff: The staff really make this place. They are knowledgeable and helpful, but not overbearing like the ROs elsewhere. My little sister took the CHL class on Sunday, but we went up there Saturday to get her some practice. The staff up front were very helpful when she was renting out different pistols. Jim was the RO and he really went above and beyond to help my sister. He helped her with technique and suggestions and made it a great experience. Jim is the man!

Anyway, bottom line is that it was a great experience and I will definitely be going back. Two thumbs up!
    DK Firearms

n5wd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Foat Wuth
    I'll second the "thumbs up" for Shoot Smart (10305 North Freeway (IH-35W) Fort Worth TX 76107 817.984.8020). I've now been there about six times (including my CHL class last Sunday) and have had nothing but good experiences from each visit. Ever been to a range with a Kuereg coffee machine that you're invited to use (honor system - $1 if you use their coffee/tea K-cups!)? That's the kind of place it is! Well air conditioned in these 115F days we've been having, it's nice to sit in the lounge and chill while watching the others shoot. The RO's are in there picking up after the folks that don't do it themselves (folks, these guys aren't your Momma's, so pick up after yourself!) so it's never been cluttered with spent cartridges or empty boxes on the floor for very long before it's gone. It's very convenient to my house and work, so I can see myself thinking of it as my "home range". Hope you agree and have a good experience there, as well.

Oh, and the CHL was only $100. One of the best prices I've for an all-in-the-same place class.

Shoot Smart in Fort Worth, TX - Family-Oriented Indoor Gun Shooting Range & Training Center: 5 star shooting lanes, CHL courses, shooting games, fun shoot events, shooting leagues, ammo, accessories, wifi lounge with kids area and more.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Most definitely a great place to shoot. Makes me regret not taking a chance on the membership last year when I had the chance.

Sidewayz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Decatur, TX
    I had a great experience at ShootSmart also. Actually took my 4 year old son along as well as my wife. They had a good time playing Wii on the HD tv in the lounge while I ran the 1st 200 rounds through my new XDm. Clean, well ventilated, well lit and a nice ProShop. I'll be returning many times and will renew my CHL there also.

A+ !!

Top Bottom