Not open for further replies.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Very interesting... I really want an amphibious vehicle now.

All the areas I listed have actual TxDOT River Access Roads which are paved and will lead you right to the river. They even have paved parking areas which are just a few dozen yards from the river. They're popular areas for fishermen, kayakers, druggies, AND HUNTERS AND SHOOTERS. You do not need a 4x4 or an amphibious vehicle to access these spots. Just park under the bridge and walk 5-50 yds to the beach.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    And you think he's not going to disturb wildlife by shooting on private land? Maybe those are wildlife-free areas? lmao

I see you had no response to the rest of my post... :rolleyes: Hhmmph.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    And you think he's not going to disturb wildlife by shooting on private land? Maybe those are wildlife-free areas? lmao.

Not what I think, what OP requested. Reading comprehension fail again.

I see you had no response to the rest of my post... :rolleyes: Hhmmph.

Rehash of previous spin you already made. Some of it wrong too, like this claim "You just can't grasp the concept that if it is legal to hunt, it is also legal to shoot" Many places are not legal to shoot on even though they are legal to hunt on. LBJ Grasslands, Lavon Lake, for example.

You are giving newbie to Texas a ton of wrong advice.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Your first link refers to motor vehicles, and does not address firearms at all.

The second link has the FAQ quoted earlier, but your conclusion that "hunting is legal" on riverbeds is erroneous. It is legal on SOME riverbeds.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Rehash of previous spin you already made. Some of it wrong too, like this claim "You just can't grasp the concept that if it is legal to hunt, it is also legal to shoot" Many places are not legal to shoot on even though they are legal to hunt on. LBJ Grasslands, Lavon Lake, for example.

You are giving newbie to Texas a ton of wrong advice.

USDA says otherwise.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/texas/about-forest/districts/?cid=fswdev3_008440

So during hunting season, while you're hunting on the LBJ Grasslands, how are you supposed to hunt? Chucking rocks?

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Your first link refers to motor vehicles, and does not address firearms at all.

The second link has the FAQ quoted earlier, but your conclusion that "hunting is legal" on riverbeds is erroneous. It is legal on SOME riverbeds.

lol I'm done. Believe me or don't believe me, I couldn't care less. I've talked to multiple GWs about this, including on site at the damn river.

That first link I shared was to help clarify what a navigable waterway is. The second link clearly mentions hunting on riverbeds. And I never said hunting was legal on all riverbeds. Read my second post in this thread. Renegade can help you understand it better. Actually, probably not. Let me quote it, and try to comprehend the part in bold face.

Riverbanks of navigable waterways are under TPWD jurisdiction. They're legal to hunt on and thus legal to shoot on. Just make sure your city or county doesn't have an ordinance prohibiting it.
    For example, Harris County does not allow it, but Montgomery, Brazos, Waller, and Grimes Counties do.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    All the areas I listed have actual TxDOT River Access Roads which are paved and will lead you right to the river. They even have paved parking areas which are just a few dozen yards from the river. They're popular areas for fishermen, kayakers, druggies, AND HUNTERS AND SHOOTERS. You do not need a 4x4 or an amphibious vehicle to access these spots. Just park under the bridge and walk 5-50 yds to the beach.
    Where's the fun in that?

After posting, I did see the article stating you can no longer drive on a navigable waterway. Didn't know that... Oops :laughing:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    USDA says otherwise.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/texas/about-forest/districts/?cid=fswdev3_008440

So during hunting season, while you're hunting on the LBJ Grasslands, how are you supposed to hunt? Chucking rocks?

You hunt with guns. You cannot setup ("shoot and plink on their land") as OP requested.

You also forgot this part: The discharge of firearms and hunting is prohibited on and around the lake.

Shooting and plinking on LBJ has been been for 20+ years. Go there today and try it and find out the hard way.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    For example, Harris County does not allow it, but Montgomery, Brazos, Waller, and Grimes Counties do.

Sad to see that enjoying public lands in Texas now comes down to parsing the words in a fucking statute.

Growing up here, when much of rural Texas was not yet absentee owned, Texans routinely hunted along navigable rivers, including the above counties. Hell, stationed at Fort Bliss in the 60's, we hunted along the Rio Grande during dove season ... and yep, had to walk across to pick up a downed bird on occasion. Heaven forbid doing that today.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Sad to see that enjoying public lands in Texas now comes down to parsing the words in a fucking statute.

Exactly. OP just wants to plink.

savage20, while he means well, and it might work for him, offers a solution that is completely ridiculous, burdenesome, and filled with legal gotchas for 99.999% of all Texas shooters.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    On a side note, I'd be curious, say the brazos river.

That's a navigable river. You can't shoot across a road, can you shoot across a river even with hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    On a side note, I'd be curious, say the brazos river.

That's a navigable river. You can't shoot across a road, can you shoot across a river even with hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The river includes both riverbanks. Just make sure you don't shoot past the opposite riverbank. If you're actually hunting, mind the normal hunting regs like failure to retrieve.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Exactly. OP just wants to plink.

savage20, while he means well, and it might work for him, offers a solution that is completely ridiculous, burdenesome, and filled with legal gotchas for 99.999% of all Texas shooters.

You're right for once. It does work quite well for me. In fact it works quite well for the dozens of people I've taken out to those spots, including some regular TGT members. I go out there often and it's always to plink, not to hunt.

Like karlac mentioned, plinking or hunting on the riverbanks of Texas is nothing new. Just new to you.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    So you pay for access to private property because it gives you access to public property. Instead of just accessing public property for free. LMAO

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR