• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    My guess would be gangbanger wannabes, initiates, or just southside punks being southside punks.

Just for reference, the distance from the gate to Ray Ellison Blvd is roughly 175 feet/just under 60 yards.

1724091359997.png

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Is that what used to be called “Medina Annex”?

If so, that’s the site of the missile launch tubes we all saw, but were told didn’t exist.

Even back in the ‘80’s that was a rich neighborhood.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Is that what used to be called “Medina Annex”?

If so, that’s the site of the missile launch tubes we all saw, but were told didn’t exist.

Even back in the ‘80’s that was a rich neighborhood.

Yes, it was renamed for Medal of Honor recipient TSgt John Chapman in 2020.

Most famously it's known for an explosion involving 123,000 lbs. of high explosive components for nuclear weapons on 13 Nov 1963, causing minor injuries to three Atomic Energy Commission employees...

There were never any missile launch sites on Medina Annex, what you saw are weapons storage areas which can be confused with a launch facility to the uninitiated...

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I don't understand how anyone thinks that guards that can't take out a vehicle firing 100 rounds at them are actually guarding anything. When bad guys point guns at you, it's open season and there's no bag limit. Start racking up trophies.

Reminds me of the guards we had at a chemical plant. Mostly women, mostly well over 250 lbs., we used to joke that all you needed to do to get past the guards was toss a box of donuts into the guard shack and let them fight over them. They had one old guy working there that had to take some papers to a waiting truck about 50 yards from the shack. He took a chair with him and stopped halfway to sit down and catch his breath. They were more "security occupants" than "guards".

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I don't understand how anyone thinks that guards that can't take out a vehicle firing 100 rounds at them are actually guarding anything. When bad guys point guns at you, it's open season and there's no bag limit. Start racking up trophies.

Reminds me of the guards we had at a chemical plant. Mostly women, mostly well over 250 lbs., we used to joke that all you needed to do to get past the guards was toss a box of donuts into the guard shack and let them fight over them. They had one old guy working there that had to take some papers to a waiting truck about 50 yards from the shack. He took a chair with him and stopped halfway to sit down and catch his breath. They were more "security occupants" than "guards".
    That's just sad.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

To put it in perspective, this is the point 175' from the Chapman Annex main gate. To a point in front of the convenience store where one of the shootings allegedly ocurred is over 600' from the guard shack. Not outside M-4 range, but certainly a tough shot with a M-9.

1724333511165.png

I am not making excuses, I just want to add that it wasn't as easy of a shot as expected.

I will note I have substantial information on this incident I cannot share, and it's not quite what the press is claiming...

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Top Bottom